Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:07 PM   #796
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. But...

You asked for the image for a Glo in the Glo the thread, but, you list your device as a Glo HD. They are different devices and cannot use the same image. Check you have the right image before using it.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:54 AM   #797
MrYtip
MrYtip began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Hello, i also need an image for a Kobo Glo.
Do I have to disconnect battery from motherboard if the image of Kobo Glo is permanent blocked and showing ”restarting” , and hard reset or other 10 procedures(charging 2 days, connected to pc, etc) doesn t work? The connector from battery is plug and play?

Thanks and sorry for my english!
Old 05-16-2017, 08:02 AM   #798
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

You shouldn't need to unplug the battery. But, some people have found doing this allows the device to start. I haven't looked at the battery plug, so I don't know how it disconnects.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #799
MrYtip
MrYtip began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Thanks a lot. I open my Glo and push gentle the connector, but no movement. I m afraid to apply more stregth on it. I will try only with sd card image.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #800
user1354
user1354 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi davidfor,

I would really aprreciate the link for your image, too.

Since a few weeks, I can't connect my Glo to any PC, Windows says there is a problem with the device. However the Glo is working fine as ever. I want to try, if it works with your image.

Thank you!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:02 AM   #801
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1354 View Post
Since a few weeks, I can't connect my Glo to any PC, Windows says there is a problem with the device. However the Glo is working fine as ever. I want to try, if it works with your image.
If the device is starting and is usable, and Windows has a problem with it, then it's likely to be a problem with Windows. What is the error Windows is reporting? What version of Windows as there have been problems with the Win10 Anniversary Edition. Later update fixed this. And there were firmware updates to the Glo to avoid the problem.

And, as always, have you restarted both Windows and the device? And checked all the USB ports on the PC and other cables. And another PC.

The next step is to do a factory reset of the device. If there is an issue with it, then this is as likely to fix it as the image. And if you factory reset and it connects OK the first time, but not after using it, then it is almost definitely a Windows version problem.

I tend to think the image won't make a difference, but I have sent the image link as well.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:18 PM   #802
user1354

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the device is starting and is usable, and Windows has a problem with it, then it's likely to be a problem with Windows. What is the error Windows is reporting? What version of Windows as there have been problems with the Win10 Anniversary Edition. Later update fixed this. And there were firmware updates to the Glo to avoid the problem.

And, as always, have you restarted both Windows and the device? And checked all the USB ports on the PC and other cables. And another PC.

The next step is to do a factory reset of the device. If there is an issue with it, then this is as likely to fix it as the image. And if you factory reset and it connects OK the first time, but not after using it, then it is almost definitely a Windows version problem.

I tend to think the image won't make a difference, but I have sent the image link as well.
Windows says:
USB device not recognized.
the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.

I already tried different cables, ports, computers (Windows 8.1 and 10.)
I also did multiple resets, including a factory resets.
Windows gives the same error message when starting with your image. I think the usb controller of the Glo is broken...
Do you have any other ideas?
Old 05-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #803
bricked_kobo_glo
bricked_kobo_glo began at the beginning.

I've also bricked my Kobo. Could you send me the .img, please?
Old 05-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #804
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricked_kobo_glo View Post
I've also bricked my Kobo. Could you send me the .img, please?
PM sent.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #805
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1354 View Post
Windows says:
USB device not recognized.
the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.

I already tried different cables, ports, computers (Windows 8.1 and 10.)
I also did multiple resets, including a factory resets.
Windows gives the same error message when starting with your image. I think the usb controller of the Glo is broken...
Do you have any other ideas?
Sorry, that's pretty much it for me. It could be damage in the USB socket on the device. And that does remind me of a similar problem I had. Something got stuck in the socket preventing the plug from going all the way it. It sometimes worked, but only after several tries. Cleaning the socket solved it.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:29 PM   #806
Eagleeye17
Eagleeye17 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (N613)
My Kobo Glo (N613, of 2012) died. When I turn it on the green light turns on, the screen flashes from bright to dark to bright to dark to bright again and that's about all that happens. I read about other people having the same problem who were helped by providing an image file to put on the SD-card. I opened my Kobo and there's a 2Gb micro SD-card inside.
Would anyone of you be so kind as to point me in the right direction for an image file or provide me with one? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #807
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:22 AM   #808
user1354

Quote:
Sorry, that's pretty much it for me. It could be damage in the USB socket on the device. And that does remind me of a similar problem I had. Something got stuck in the socket preventing the plug from going all the way it. It sometimes worked, but only after several tries. Cleaning the socket solved it.
I think you are right, after cleaning it and trying different SD cards, my glo now works fine. I don't know, what the problem was after all, but as long as it works.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #809
muflonex
muflonex began at the beginning.

Hello davidfor, so it seems that I'm also in need of that mythical image for Kobo Glo's SD.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:38 PM   #810
Eagleeye17
Eagleeye17 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (N613)
Quote:
PM sent.
Hi,

I copied the imagefile (Davidfor provided me with) on the SD-card, put the card back into the Kobo Glo and it started up immediately.
After a few minutes of running and installing updates it was ready for use as if I had just bought it.

I copied my ebooks back on it and it was ready to go.

Yesterday I nearly held it over the wastebin, now I'm as happy as kid in a candystore. Thanks!
A whole lot!

Last edited by Eagleeye17; 05-30-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Closed Thread