Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
valunthar
valunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura aboutvalunthar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Paperwhite V1
"Sync" not working properly between Paperwhite and computer

I've started the process of importing all of the books on my paperwhite V1 into my calibre library and I've run into an odd quirk where some books import properly but then aren't recognized as being in library/on device (depending on view) after the import. The only thing that i've done after the book was imported is download the metadata/covers for the book as sometimes they don't come down properly after the import. Any ideas on what might be going on?

EDIT: I think it might have something to do with what happens to the book title on the device after the metadata import as when I try to do a match book to library from the device afterwards the title of the book in the inital search has a bunch of stuff added to it that's not visible otherwise (ex Mort: (Discworld IV) (Discworld Novel)) that I have to remove to get rid of the Parse error that comes up whenever I try to search.

Last edited by valunthar; 10-30-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: More information
valunthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
book matching is done by title and autor. If the title has changed then that is why they are not matching. You can manually tell calibre that a book is the same by right clicking on t he book in the device view in calibre and selecting match book to library.

Also when doing a search for something including a colon, you have to surround it in quotes to avoid parse errors.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote