Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It looks great now for me. Thanks Alex.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
> Alright, we've moved the CDN domain over to s.mobileread.com. Please let me > know if the issue has been solved for you.

Not to me. It seems the same.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Not to me. It seems the same.
Perhaps you still have the old site cached? From the screenshot you're using Chrome. Try with Ctrl-Shift-R to tell the browser to reload the page.

Also, I see a lot of extensions in your toolbar. Maybe one is blocking subdomains of the same domain. If that's the case, check if the domain s.mobileread.com permitted.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Nope.

I disabled all extensions, cleaned the cache, the history and everything "cleanable" and the site looks like the same.

I tried to access mobileread.com with IE 9 (no extensions), which I never use, with the same results.

It seems that something more is being blocked.

Thanks.
Regards.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It seems that something more is being blocked.
It doesn't make sense since you can obviously visit www.mobileread.com and the subdomain we use for delivering static files, s.mobileread.com, was just been created yesterday.

What happens when you open either of these two links:

https://www2.mobileread.com/i/favicon.ico
https://www2.mobileread.com/c/vbulletin_...978f-00017.css
Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
zamana
Zealot

Both: blocked.
Reason: "Social Networking"

It seems that the company for which I work uses "Websense Express" to block some sites.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #22
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:

It seems that the company for which I work uses "Websense Express" to block some sites.
Hmm, I am afraid I don't know what else to do. It doesn't make sense because apparently you can visit our main site without problems, so why should they blacklist our domain (which was only introduced yesterday!) and that only serves static content (javascript, css and images)?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Either way, I contacted websense to see what we can do.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, can you try the following two links and see if they work for you:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/clie...tant.css?v=387

http://forum.xda-developers.com/
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #25
zamana
Zealot

The first link gives me this:

"form{margin:0;} label{cursor:default;} .normal{font-weight:400;} .inlineimg{vertical-align:middle;} .underline{text-decoration:underline;} .vbmenu_hilite *{cursorointer;} .floatcontainer:after,.block_row:after{content:"." ;display:block;height:0;clear:both;visibility:hidd en;} .floatcontainer,.block_row{display:block;} * html .floatcontainer,* html .block_row{height:1%;}"

The second just loads XDA in its full glory! :-)

Thanks.
Regards.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^that would lead me to believe that the site should display properly as you aren't blocked from reading either file.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #27
zamana
Zealot

XDA always worked fine from here. It's only mobileread.com that became problematic since some time ago.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^If you view the source of the mobileread page after it loads, what does it look like? Where is the CSS coming from?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
XDA always worked fine from here. It's only mobileread.com that became problematic since some time ago.
OK, I was just posting the links from XDA above to see if the firewall maybe blacklists the string "vbulletin" in the URL.

It's strange, because you can visit www.mobileread.com, but you cannot load static files from s.mobileread.com. And s.mobileread.com was just added yesterday as a new subdomain.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 01-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #30
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Alex, I am back to my corporate machine and I confirm that in my case the issue is solved. Thanks!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote