Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #61
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So, has anyone bought the bluetooth tags for their oft lost devices?
I did. You can't hear the sound 5 feet from you. Total waste of money. Don't waste yours too. I can see where it MIGHT be useful if you commuted and might leave it on a bus, but I only loose my ereader at home.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #62
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I did. You can't hear the sound 5 feet from you. Total waste of money. Don't waste yours too. I can see where it MIGHT be useful if you commuted and might leave it on a bus, but I only loose my ereader at home.
I used to be afraid of taking my gadgets out of the house for fear of losing them. But it turns out I only loose things at home. Under the bed, between couch cushions, behind the bookcase, even in the fridge once.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #63
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So, has anyone bought the bluetooth tags for their oft lost devices?
My husband got me a 4 pack of Tiles for Christmas this year. I have one in my wallet, one on my keys, and one taped to my Oasis cover. I'm not sure what to do with the other one...I'm probably going to put it on the Voyage, as that's the one I use the second most.

The nice thing about Tile is that when the app is installed on your phone, in addition to allowing you to locate your other stuff, your phone also becomes a Tile. I can double-tap the button on any of the other Tiles and it will cause my phone to alarm...even if it's on silent. I used this feature to find my phone at a show last month.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #64
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I'd be blaming one of my brothers (if we were all still living at our parents). This is definitely something they would have done to me! Since there were four of them, I could never be sure who the perpetrator was unless I caught them in the act.
Alas I couldn't do that as I didn't have any brothers (or sisters). I suppose I could have blamed George (my imaginary friend) but I like blaming the sock fairies more.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #65
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
My husband got me a 4 pack of Tiles for Christmas this year. I have one in my wallet, one on my keys, and one taped to my Oasis cover. I'm not sure what to do with the other one...I'm probably going to put it on the Voyage, as that's the one I use the second most.

The nice thing about Tile is that when the app is installed on your phone, in addition to allowing you to locate your other stuff, your phone also becomes a Tile. I can double-tap the button on any of the other Tiles and it will cause my phone to alarm...even if it's on silent. I used this feature to find my phone at a show last month.

Shari
I do agree that it works fine for the phone because the PHONE is making the sound and it is certainly loud enough. However, the sound for the tiles on your wallet, keys or ereader can barely be heard 2 feet away. So, if it is on the floor and you are standing up, you will never hear it. I posted a negative review about Tile and they contacted me and did....nothing. So $60 for nothing.

You know, of course, that your Tiles will wear out in a year and you will have to buy them again because the batteries aren't rechargable? I wish I had known that before I purchased; I would have saved $60.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #66
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post

Shari
You could always attach the 4th tile to your hubby in case he wanders off and gets lost.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #67
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm just trying to figure out how to reverse the order... Hmmm ... Since (whatever) is always found in last place you look, just figure out where the last place is and then make it the first place you look! ... Done! (Patent Pending)

(If Apple can patent "rectangles with rounded corners" I should be able to patent this idea, right?)
Ah but then the sock fairy union would probably file an injunction to keep you from putting your method to use or something.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Ah but then the sock fairy union would probably file an injunction to keep you from putting your method to use or something.
Do you realize that there is a dispute between the underwear gnomes and the sock fairies?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote