Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I have a question about Colours (Earth Incorporated #1)

As the first book in a series/trilogy, does it work as a standalone, or are there major cliffhangers that would require reading the rest of the series for resolution?
That is an excellent question and one that would be good to have this info whenever a book in a series is nominated if it's possible to answer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #107
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:

As the first book in a series/trilogy, does it work as a standalone, or are there major cliffhangers that would require reading the rest of the series for resolution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is an excellent question and one that would be good to have this info whenever a book in a series is nominated if it's possible to answer.
I did wonder about this when I nominated The Crimson Chalice (the first of a trilogy). I think the problem is that different people will give a different answer (just as some people find almost any leading information to be a spoiler, so some people will find almost any unclosed detail to be a cliff-hanger).

In the case of The Crimson Chalice I would say that the first book can be read on it's own. It leads you to a distinctive conclusion such that the second book starts a dozen years later.
Spoiler:
The first book ends with the birth of Arturo (Arthur's name in this story).

Of course, if The Crimson Chalice is not available in the U.S. then I don't really expect it to get voted in.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #108
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Quote:

IMO there are threads left, but wraps up pretty good. I’m not anxious to read the next one just to get “closure”
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:49 AM   #109
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
IMO there are threads left, but wraps up pretty good. I’m not anxious to read the next one just to get “closure”
Thanks. It sounds good, too bad it's not getting much attention in the voting.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote