Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #946
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I really wish there were an updated or new audio book plug-in. I honestly do NOT want to copy my Audible files into Calibre, but I'd very much like a way to link them to my matching eBooks. I can add them through Add Books, Add files to selected book records, but that copies the Audible (or MP3) book into Calibre, and with the size of my audio book library, that is less than satisfactory. What I'd prefer is a simple link to the audio book file(s). With WhisperSync becoming widely available for many Amazon books, having a way to link in the audio side of the WhisperSync'd book would be a real plus.
In the meantime perhaps you could use one of these:
  • On Windows you could create a shortcut (.LNK file) to the audio file and add it to the matching book. The advantage of this method is that the Windows Distributed Link Tracking (DLT) service will attempt repair .LNK files if the target is relocated, on later versions of Windows it's normally successful.
  • The above might also work on OSX using ALIAS files, I don't know if OSX has an equivalent to the Windows DLT service.
  • A more general way would be to insert a file URI link into a custom long text column, but if you move or rename the folder the link will break. The long text (comments) editor has a tool to facilitate easy creation of file URIs.
By creating empty books, the above methods could also be used for books where you only have the audio version.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-22-2016 at 04:20 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:02 PM   #947
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You could also us an identifier. You can create an arbitrary identifier to either open the directory for the audio file, or open the file. As an example, to add a reference to an MP3 file, I created an identifier rule as:

Code:
Key: mp3
Name: MP3
Template: file:///E:\Music\{id}
Adding "mp3:Eva Cassidy\2000 - Time After Time\05 Time After Time.mp3" to the identifiers of a book adds an "MP3" link in the details pane. Clicking that opens the MP3 in the associated music player.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #948
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You could also us an identifier. You can create an arbitrary identifier to either open the directory for the audio file, or open the file. As an example, to add a reference to an MP3 file, I created an identifier rule as:

Code:
Key: mp3
Name: MP3
Template: file:///E:\Music\{id}
Adding "mp3:Eva Cassidy\2000 - Time After Time\05 Time After Time.mp3" to the identifiers of a book adds an "MP3" link in the details pane. Clicking that opens the MP3 in the associated music player.
Hmmm. Haven't paid any attention to custom identifiers. Actually didn't know I could do that...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #949
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MFI

@CRussel:

No need to recreate the wheel and/or do manually what can already be automated. The following tool does everything you have requested plus a lot more. It also does not do what you do not want unless you specifically tell it to, such as copying your audio files to the Calibre directory structure.

The Original Post clearly explains its flexibility.

Among other things, it will automatically create a custom Identifier to the original path if you tell it to via Dynamic Variables.

The latest version is 1.0.16 dated 2016-09-07

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277104

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #950
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Thank You!

That does look like it will do what I want. I had looked at it briefly, but got confused by the embroidery discussion and missed how it would do what I'm looking for.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2017, 04:01 AM   #951
casteroil
casteroil began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I'm looking for peoples opinions please.
I am working on a voice recognition frontend to Calibre. I've got a functioning grammatical parsing engine running in both online and offline modes. this will turn Calibre into a Echo like device. Since my libraries have Audiobooks now this seemed kind of cool. I'm building this for my young daughter to read her stories.
My question here is; what do you think i should make the top 10 spoken commands?
obviously, play, pause, search author, search title, and search Genre are already in progress. What would you guys recommend?
Thanks in advance.
casteroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:29 AM   #952
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@casteroil - I use convert, count (pages), modify (ePub), view (specific format), library (switch) and edit (book) a lot. Probably not the sort of things your daughter will want to do in the short term at least.

Maybe you could make it configurable, where users could choose their favourite 10 from a larger menu of commands - e.g. 'edit' for me would open the current book in the book editor, whereas for someone else it would open the single book metadata editor window for the current book.

Good luck with your project - BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-09-2017 at 04:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #953
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think BR is heading down the same track. There are 2 general uses of Calibre:

1) Access to books
2) Management of the Library and Content

Your daughter is clearly in the #1 group

BR and Myself are heavily into #2

Useful commands (could be group sensitive)
Transfer [attached device implied], Send [default folder], Mail (to)
Plugin <plugin name> << a variation on BR's idea
Spell, Character <A B C Period> Stop,End << for when spoken words are not decoded
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #954
victor50
victor50 began at the beginning.

Device: PC W10pro, Android Moto 5S
Shortcut keys 1-5 for rating

It would be very handy if there where shortcut keys to set the rating for the selected record. Could be (ctrl-) 1 - 5
victor50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #955
casteroil

I'm using a grammatical parsing engine so there are no specific command lines. "play" and "unpause" do the same action as "continue story"
Copy to device is on my list as is a VCD terminal app to type out authors names directly on the Ebook device. it may be easier to just map the increment and decrement keys to GPIO pins and use a rotary encoder i think. Other than that, search sort and save are the best things i can come up with. but then i suppose there is the possibility to play Podcasts in reverse chronological order for instance. Thoughts?

Last edited by casteroil; 01-09-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: ps
Old 01-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #956
casteroil

Ah, yes. as you said this is intended for only the group 1 crowd as you said. i am going for the easiest possible way to access as large a volume of books and audiobooks as possible. in a way this is sort of the exact opposite direction some dev's here are taking, but it would achieve "made as simple as possible,.. but no more".

Could you fine people please let me know if this is not the appropriate forum for something like this? i dont want to annoy folks if im posting to the wrong location.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:41 PM   #957
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by casteroil View Post
Ah, yes. as you said this is intended for only the group 1 crowd as you said. i am going for the easiest possible way to access as large a volume of books and audiobooks as possible. in a way this is sort of the exact opposite direction some dev's here are taking, but it would achieve "made as simple as possible,.. but no more".

Could you fine people please let me know if this is not the appropriate forum for something like this? i dont want to annoy folks if im posting to the wrong location.
Nothing wrong with K.I.S.S.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:35 AM   #958
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:

@casteroil - Assuming 'it' will be implemented as a calibre plugin, continuing the discussion is this thread is okay, or we could break out into it's own thread within the Plugins forum. I'd prefer the latter, because this thread is mainly used to discuss requests for a plugin to be developed, rather than a place to discuss a plugin someone is already developing

But if it won't be implemented as calibre plugin then we should probably move the discussion into its own thread the Related Tools sub-forum.

If you want me to move the discussion to date, I need a thread title and a destination - Plugins, or Related Tools.

BR
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 AM   #959
casteroil

yes, part of it is a plugin but the implementation makes Calibre screen free. I'm not sure how to categorize that. other than i suppose to call it a talking Calibre bot since searches render value strings in English. So then... related tools? Dunno.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #960
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
yes, part of it is a plugin but the implementation makes Calibre screen free. I'm not sure how to categorize that. other than i suppose to call it a talking Calibre bot since searches render value strings in English. So then... related tools? Dunno.
I thought was a listening bot. But let's leave it abeyance for now and decide when you have a demonstrable implementation. If it requires a plugin be installed, you can create a thread the Plugins sub-forum. There are a number of plugins that rely on the existence of external components - Recoll comes to mind.

BR

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development