Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Send To Kindle on Android Phone(web, mobi)?

Is there any way to do it in the same way as, say, from PC? On PC there's a Send To Kindle plugin for Chrome and Send To Kindle app which is added to right-click mouse button menu. So having a web-page opened in browser I just have to hit the plugin button on the toolbar, and that's it. Having a mobi file, I can just right click on it and choose "Send To Kindle".

Suppose I want to do the same from Android phone. All I have there is Kindle App. When I'm trying to share a web page from Chrome, Send To Kindle does't appear in the list of apps for sharing. Same with mobi file, if I just go to any file explorer -- or I need some mobi reader with "Share" menu, and I don't know whether there is any app with such options etc...

Could anybody advise please?
TIA
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You can use Yandex browser + SendToKindle Chrome extension (supported by YB).
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Ironically, it was a feature of Kindle for Android at one point (installing Kindle app added a Sharing option for Send To Kindle). Then it went away. I have not checked lately, maybe it is back. (This feature does exist for iOS).

There are also at least a couple of Android apps that will add this, e.g.:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lters.kindleit
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
You can use Yandex browser + SendToKindle Chrome extension (supported by YB).
Thanks, I've installed Yandex to my phone, do see "Extensions" section in Settings, but there's just two subitems –– "Extension catalog", containing three extensions which I can enable(LastPass, Pocket and Evernote) and "For extension developers". Obviously I have to add STK extension myself, but I don't see adding extension option nor in YB neither in Chrome(of course, I'm talking about mobiles), and cannot find it in GooglePlay. Where do I get it and how do I add it to the browser ? TIA
Old 08-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
petrovich
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Ironically, it was a feature of Kindle for Android at one point (installing Kindle app added a Sharing option for Send To Kindle). Then it went away. I have not checked lately, maybe it is back. (This feature does exist for iOS).
ARRRGH!!!! Maybe it's my case...
Quote:
Will try, many thanks!
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Try to open this link in the Yandex browser

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kieebhea?hl=en

and press the button Add to Chrome.

Last edited by hius07; 08-08-2018 at 03:29 PM.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #7
petrovich
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Try to open this link in the Yandex browser

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kieebhea?hl=en

and press the button Add to Chrome.
It works. Fantastic, so with mobile YB it works exactly like in desktop Chrome, while mobile Chrome is unable even to add it, saying "added to desktop" lol. Many thanks Master!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #8
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:

I highly recommend that app. Very accurate, never had a problem, have been using it for at least two years. It's invoked via the Share option.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #9
petrovich
Connoisseur

Gents, just in case somebody knows some similar magic for mobi files -- please share too TIA
(Yes, I'm aware about sending by email, so it's just in case there's something more nice and easy)
Old 08-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #10
petrovich
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
I highly recommend that app. Very accurate, never had a problem, have been using it for at least two years. It's invoked via the Share option.
Just tried it, works like a snap. Thanks a lot folks
Old 02-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #11
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:

I still see Send to Kindle under the Sharing Option, but so far this morning, more than a dozen articles have not gone through. I'm on a Samsung S9 (Pie). Is the feature back and I have got the settings wrong? Or is the feature "there" but Amazon disabled?

I used Push to Kindle on my laptop for when Send to Kindle can't quite get an article right. I would prefer the free Android Send to Kindle version to work...if not I guess I'll fork out the $3.49 for PTK.

Last edited by tdonline; 02-24-2019 at 10:02 AM.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #12
Adlucio
Adlucio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper hawit
If you are still interesting try the new free app send to kindle for mobile:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.sendtokindle
Adlucio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:51 PM   #13
maximus83
Nameless Being

Is Pocket an option? I love Pocket because great cross-platform support, can push content into it from any browser or mobile device. Then I use https://p2k.co to setup a free scheduled daily 'push' of pocket articles to Kindle app on my phone.