Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 06:26 AM   #1
1988marco1988
1988marco1988 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Kobo Glo HD damage/not starting

Hello,

My Glo HD did not start. If i press the Power Button nothing happens. If i do the cable to PC also nothing happens.

I have replace the Akku and it also did not work.

Can anyone help me? The Reset Button also did not work.

Sorry for my bad English.
1988marco1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Plug it into a wall charger and leave it plugged in overnight.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:42 AM   #3
1988marco1988

This have i do also. It was plugged in two diferrent cable over night.

I have tried the On/OFF Buton with a multimeter and it works also.

Can the SD Card be damaged? Can I reinstall on another one?

The Led under the Power Button also did not on if i press the Power Button.

Last edited by 1988marco1988; 12-31-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:10 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988marco1988 View Post
I have replace the Akku and it also did not work.
What's an "Akku"?

If the LED under the power light isn't coming on at all, that suggests nothing is working. I'd be opening it and checking all the cables and other connectors. And how the internal SD card was seated.

And yes, the internal SD card can fail. They can be replaced after an image is written to it. It's worth trying. I have sent you a link to the image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Akku looks to be battery in Finnish

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:59 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Akku looks to be battery in Finnish
In that case, a mistake when changing the battery sounds like the culprit. I can't tell if it stopped working before or after the new battery.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #7
1988marco1988

Thanks for your help it seems like a Transistor is damaged. The Q1 Transistor is very hot if I would load the battery.

Also the battery loader hast 6W load and another Kobo Glo HD has only 2.2W.

Its only what for Electrical Profi I think.

P.S Akku is German for Battery
Old 12-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
What is the replacement battery volt?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote