Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
V3update Hanlin V2.10 2009-08-03 released

V3update Hanlin V2.10 2009-08-03 2009-08-04

http://www.filedropper.com/v3update-hanlin-210-20090803
Description:

1.Support ADOBE DRM. Support PDF reflow.
2.Support ADE recognition and device activation.
3.Support mobi files without drm.
4.Support 5 X zoom in PDF and EPUB files.
5.This version does not support Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

Haven't tried it yet will check it once I get home
from the description sounds the same as Astak latest version just released

Does anyone know what the diffrence between hanlin firmware and the coolreader firmware available on sourceforge is as that is showing
v2.12u.090616 and here they say
v2.10

here is the link as requested

Last edited by Dopedangel; 08-04-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Added link
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:25 AM   #2
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
V3update Hanlin V2.10 2009-08-03 2009-08-04 Download
Description:

Does anyone know what the diffrence between hanlin firmware and the coolreader firmware available on sourceforge is as that is showing
v2.10
Hello all,

unfortunately I was not able to download it.
May I ask the successful downloader to upload this firmware to rapidshare and post the link to this thread?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
V3update Hanlin V2.10 2009-08-03 2009-08-04 Download
Description:

v2.10
Jinke uses FB2 reader instead.

JINKE Hanlin V2.10 2009-08-03 Download on this page http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp

Last edited by keng2000; 08-04-2009 at 08:12 AM.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozon42 View Post
May I ask the successful downloader to upload this firmware to rapidshare and post the link to this thread?
Here you go: http://rapidshare.com/files/26360484...90803.rar.html

For some reason it can only be downloaded 10 times, though.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
Here you go: http://rapidshare.com/files/26360484...90803.rar.html

For some reason it can only be downloaded 10 times, though.
Hello AlfonsVH,

thanks for the link - I am currently downloading it.

Best regards,

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Jinke also seems to have a firmware update for the yet-to-be-released V5:

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E.../update_v5.asp
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
Can anyone who tried both firmwares tell what are the differences between this last Hanlin update and the last lbook firmware beta?
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Jinke also seems to have a firmware update for the yet-to-be-released V5:

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E.../update_v5.asp
I suspect they are identical releases. The slight differences in the products, V3 vs. V5 could be accomplished automatically in the code.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
keng2000
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
Can anyone who tried both firmwares tell what are the differences between this last Hanlin update and the last lbook firmware beta?
Hanlin uses FBREADER for TXT DOC and some others
LBOOK uses COOLREADER

TXT viewer on LBOOK is nicer....
Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
keng2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect they are identical releases. The slight differences in the products, V3 vs. V5 could be accomplished automatically in the code.
V5 has Text to Speech for English and Chinese
Old 08-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is a size and naming difference: the V3Update.bin is 55 mb while the V5Setup.bin is 127 mb.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
There is a size and naming difference: the V3Update.bin is 55 mb while the V5Setup.bin is 127 mb.
Wow, that is the reason that the V3 can't do TTS. Looks like it probably has only 64M for firmware while the V5 has considerably more. I had forgotten about the TTS when I said they were the same.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
I just put the new firmware on my EZReader. I am very happy with it so far. Of course, I will be even happier when the EReader firmware upgrade is here. Then I will be able to read all my ebooks on it.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
bebook update

Sorry to bothe but can somebody download this last update
http://mybebook.com/update/20090807-epub-beta.zip
and put it in a rapdishare or something

Thanks!
ninki
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #15
Dragon_Well
Enthusiast
Dragon_Well began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ-reader, Sony PRS-600
New Firmware: One Step Forward, One Step Backward?

Been playing around with the new firmware, and I have to say that in my experience, the reflow works very well - for the RIGHT pdf. I read a lot of two column journal articles, and many of these render extremely well with the new firmware - whatever algorithm is being used is pretty good at breaking the text up and reflowing it in a logical way. The exception to this is if there is any kind of table on the page. And herein lies the rub...

Since the new firmware now only includes reflow, any pdf or text not capable being "reflowed" (ie. text with an embedded table) is only able to be viewed at original resolution. This means that many of the pdfs I used before which could be viewed at least reasonably well using the zoom function have been rendered useless by the new firmware.

So, in spite of my original delight when I reflowed a journal article, I have reverted to the older firmware, which lacks reflow, but at least allows viewing of pdfs containing tables.

To me, on of the great strengths of the EZReader is that it can read many different formats, including pdf. However, given the diversity of pdf formatting out there, firmware should include as many options as possible to make documents usable -ie users should be able to select reflow, zoom, or zoom and pan functions. Just my $.02.
Dragon_Well is offline   Reply With Quote