Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
tnzshn
tnzshn began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
problem with prs 505, under os x 10.5.6

Tried to find any clue for my problem in the forums, but failed. Maybe I missed it. Pls help:

the problem is that when I connect my prs 505 to mac book, Finder can see it and all the memory card. but after that for Calibre there're two problems:

1. can only recognize the 505 internal memory plus one card, either the MS pro duo card or SD card, i.e. besides 505 icon, there're always only one card icon shown and active in calibre. Currently can only support one external card?

2. after calibre find 505, 50% chances that it'll pop up the window saying "The database of books on the reader is corrupted...1: unplug the reader....2. quit calibre, ....." sometimes re-connect or delete the media.xml file works, sometimes do not. sometimes just let it be and it works.. I'm really all confused what's the correct way/step to use it.

Awaiting and thanks in adv.
tnzshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnzshn
1. can only recognize the 505 internal memory plus one card, either the MS pro duo card or SD card, i.e. besides 505 icon, there're always only one card icon shown and active in calibre. Currently can only support one external card?
The 0.5.x series only supports showing one card even if you have to in the reader. The upcomming 0.6.x series will support showing both cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnzshn
2. after calibre find 505, 50% chances that it'll pop up the window saying "The database of books on the reader is corrupted...1: unplug the reader....2. quit calibre, ....." sometimes re-connect or delete the media.xml file works, sometimes do not. sometimes just let it be and it works.. I'm really all confused what's the correct way/step to use it.
Be sure you are unmounting (ejecting, safely removing) the device before unplugging it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
tnzshn

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The 0.5.x series only supports showing one card even if you have to in the reader. The upcomming 0.6.x series will support showing both cards.

Be sure you are unmounting (ejecting, safely removing) the device before unplugging it.
1. ok, noted with thanks.
2. Yes, I unmounting the device safely, and also quit calibre before it. even if I unplug it without doing anything then plug it back again, sometimes this problem comes. any comments?
Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
tnzshn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnzshn View Post
1. ok, noted with thanks.
2. Yes, I unmounting the device safely, and also quit calibre before it. even if I unplug it without doing anything then plug it back again, sometimes this problem comes. any comments?

seems the media.xml file play an important part in this problem.
It's strange that sometimes the file is 0k, sometimes is 4k, sometimes is media.xml.tmp. Anyone know how this file was created? by 505 itself? what kind of action will lead 505 to revise the file and how long it takes avoiding the file is 0k or tmp file? How Calibre recognize it properly?

Awaiting and thanks.