Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
mrdollard
mrdollard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question Finding books on Kindle

Hi All, so I have just started using Calibre, it connected to my device and said it sent my books to my device main memory I am now just wondering where I can find it on my kindle fire because it is not in my books section, do i need to look somewhere else or should I try to resend the books?

Any answers and thanked in advance
mrdollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Which Fire?
We gave the son a HD8 (w/ads) for Xmas.

Current calibre would not see it. W10 saw it as a MTP device and I used drag and drop to drop 2 AZW3 books into 'Books' on the SD card.

Opened the Kindle app. No books. Poked around the settings. 1 book shows. Gave up for the night.

Next day, replaced the books with Mobi + a new one. 1 Book. Rebooted the HD8. 1 book. Watched a vid. Went back to the KLibrary. ALL books (calibre still does not recognize)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can check where on the device calibre sends the books by switching to device view in calibre. Whether the Kindle app on your Fire will see the books or not, is not really in calibre's control. Sometimes they need to be put in a special folder, which you can tell calibre to do by right clicking the device icon inc alibre and selecting configure this device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #4
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdollard View Post
Hi All, so I have just started using Calibre, it connected to my device and said it sent my books to my device main memory I am now just wondering where I can find it on my kindle fire because it is not in my books section, do i need to look somewhere else or should I try to resend the books?

Any answers and thanked in advance
My books showed up on my Fire 7 right away without messing with any settings in calibre. On your fire tablet you may want to sort your books by most recent for your book to show up easily. Also don't forget to safely eject your ereader after synching w/ calibre ( I just forgot to do that a minute ago).
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote