Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #436
selianth
Enthusiast
selianth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolson View Post
What conversions settings do I use in Calibre for Oasis 2? Generic HD or Paperwhite 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
If you mean Output profile,, TABLET!!!
I have to admit I have never really looked at my Calibre conversion settings. I only recently realized I should probably be converting to AZW3 instead of MOBI for my Oasis, and was looking this weekend and apparently still have it set to to the Kindle Voyage profile. Obviously considering at the resolution, the "Tablet" setting is closer to what the new Oasis will be.

Should I reconvert my books using that profile before I put them on the KOA2? I'm not super picky about line spacing, justification, hyphens, etc... I'll generally just adjust the "Page" settings and font size so it's readable for whatever book I'm in. So I'm just wondering if it will really make any noticeable difference for me.
selianth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #437
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The output profile primarily controls image resizing. The "Tablet" profile will not touch your images, and it's what I'd recommend using.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 05:52 AM   #438
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Resizing as in dimensions, or compressing the image filesize?
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:54 AM   #439
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Resizing as in dimensions, or compressing the image filesize?
Dimensions.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:32 AM   #440
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by selianth View Post
I have to admit I have never really looked at my Calibre conversion settings. I only recently realized I should probably be converting to AZW3 instead of MOBI for my Oasis, and was looking this weekend and apparently still have it set to to the Kindle Voyage profile. Obviously considering at the resolution, the "Tablet" setting is closer to what the new Oasis
Thanks for asking this. I just changes to AZW3 and my ePubs are recognized as a book and I can adjust the setting on my PW3 with the slider buttons.
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #441
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Looks like the new devices are showing as Out Of Stock
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:55 AM   #442
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Looks like the new devices are showing as Out Of Stock
Yes, that's what generally does happen with new Kindle models. They'll come back into stock when the initial rush of orders is over.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM   #443
selianth
Enthusiast
selianth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The output profile primarily controls image resizing. The "Tablet" profile will not touch your images, and it's what I'd recommend using.
This explains a lot about some of the books I've been reading recently. Thank you! I have switched over the default output profile to Tablet.
selianth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #444
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
So today is the day, right? Could someone start an unofficial office oasis 2 thread, so we can collect all impressions under one topic?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #445
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
So today is the day, right? Could someone start an unofficial office oasis 2 thread, so we can collect all impressions under one topic?
See this post

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291632
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote