Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #271
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
I can confirm that Document Default doesn't resolve the issue for me either.

I may do a factory reset today and see if that helps. I did it with the Windows Kobo app last time; this time I will try to do it wirelessly.

If the factory reset doesn't do the trick, I will start a new forum topic. Perhaps no one is noticing our posts because they are buried at the end of 18 pages of other posts on marginally-related topics.
Possibly they don't have an answer as yet. I had similar font problems way back but I think it was book related.

The things I would suggest trying are load as an epub instead of kepub or vice versa and/or converting to mobi and then convert the mobi back to epub.

A lot of these little 'features' keep coming and going in various firmware for me.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #272
SWCaffeinated
Enthusiast
SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Way Too Many Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferio View Post
I'm sorry but I do not see anything like that... Not sure if I'm blind...
You're not blind. I don't see it either....
SWCaffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #273
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCaffeinated View Post
You're not blind. I don't see it either....
It is in another thread. Easy to get confused with all the Kobo threads
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ni#post2677139

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #274
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Page numbers in right hand margin always could turn this off in reading setting on my Kobo readers Kobo wifi, touch and mini. Bring up menu at bottom of page, touch wrench, select reading settings, then on second page is page numbers in margin on. I normally have it not selected (without X in on box).
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #275
Inferio
Inferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
It is in another thread. Easy to get confused with all the Kobo threads
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ni#post2677139

Helen
I have a bad news then:

"Hi There,

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We were more than happy to assist you with your query about the Kobo Mini.

Unfortunately the Kobo Mini will not be receiving the pocket feature. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
Inferio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #276
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Here's another symptom: when I press the center of the screen to get access to menus, the font (Aa) menu is often already active and displayed. I haven't been able to detect whether this correlates with chapter breaks or anything else.
This is normal behaviour. If you have opened one of the bottom menus (Aa, stats, go to, etc) it default opens the same one next time you open the bottom menu. Not sure how long this sticks for (maybe resets once you close a book?).

Side page numbers should be working properly on 2.10 (i.e. showing or not depending on your setting) unless something is messed up in your database.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #277
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Page numbers in right hand margin always could turn this off in reading setting on my Kobo readers Kobo wifi, touch and mini. Bring up menu at bottom of page, touch wrench, select reading settings, then on second page is page numbers in margin on. I normally have it not selected (without X in on box).
Except now, when I turn page numbers off in Reading Settings, they only stay off until I put my Aura HD to sleep. When the Aura HD wakes, the page numbers are back. Every single time.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #278
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
This is normal behaviour. If you have opened one of the bottom menus (Aa, stats, go to, etc) it default opens the same one next time you open the bottom menu. Not sure how long this sticks for (maybe resets once you close a book?).

Side page numbers should be working properly on 2.10 (i.e. showing or not depending on your setting) unless something is messed up in your database.
Thanks, robko. That's good to know, because after a factory reset, that's the only one of the three behaviors I reported that persisted.

I'm happy to report that doing a factory reset solves (1) the problem with font size changes at chapter breaks, and (2) the inability to turn off page numbers in the margins -- at least for me, for now.

Thanks, everyone. HTH.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #279
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
But I am not opening the bottom menu. I am only tapping the center of the screen so that I can see both the top and the bottom menus before making a selection. This problem doesn't really bother me, since I can just select a different menu, but it is different behavior from previous FW versions. The more annoying problem is the font size changing with ever new chapter.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #280
icallaci
Guru

Quote:
Thanks, robko. That's good to know, because after a factory reset, that's the only one of the three behaviors I reported that persisted.

I'm happy to report that doing a factory reset solves (1) the problem with font size changes at chapter breaks, and (2) the inability to turn off page numbers in the margins -- at least for me, for now.

Thanks, everyone. HTH.
That's good news. I'll give it a try, too. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #281
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
But I am not opening the bottom menu. I am only tapping the center of the screen so that I can see both the top and the bottom menus before making a selection. This problem doesn't really bother me, since I can just select a different menu, but it is different behavior from previous FW versions. The more annoying problem is the font size changing with ever new chapter.
That's correct -- when you tap the bottom it automatically opens whichever menu you had opened last. I think the theory is that you're likely to want that menu again (especially if it was the stats menu for example) so it automatically opens it and saves you a press. I'm not really keen on this on the Glo since it takes up too much of the screen, but I do like it on the Aura HD.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #282
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Aura HD with FW version 2.10.0 (6180f632e1, 10/21/13) - same as yours.

Well, using the Document Default font doesn't stop the font size from changing at almost every chapter break. This is extremely annoying. Are we the only two people experiencing this? I may go back to a previous FW if it continues.

I also have the Aa menu already active when I press the center of the screen.

I understand what the "marching page numbers" are, but why they disappear after they get to the bottom of the page is a mystery.

Anyone else?
If they only disappear once and then come back it's simple. When it gets to the bottom of the page the next screen is all part of the same page still, ergo no new page number (the page basically starting shortly before the screen and ending shortly after). Then the next screen it would start up again.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #283
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Except now, when I turn page numbers off in Reading Settings, they only stay off until I put my Aura HD to sleep. When the Aura HD wakes, the page numbers are back. Every single time.
I don't see this behaviour on my Aura HD. I tried turning off the Adobe page number display and they stayed off despite going to sleep or a power cycle. I did a factory reset before I updated to 2.10.0 -- playing with firmware as I do, that's a safer choice.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #284
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
These page numbers in the right hand margin have been a problem for me too, on 2.8.1. Sometimes they appear as if by magic, despite being switched off in the reading settings. I have to go into the reading settings, switch them on, go back into the reading settings and switch them off again. Opening a new book seems to switch them back on.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #285
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
These page numbers in the right hand margin have been a problem for me too, on 2.8.1. Sometimes they appear as if by magic, despite being switched off in the reading settings. I have to go into the reading settings, switch them on, go back into the reading settings and switch them off again. Opening a new book seems to switch them back on.
Same with me, seems like it forgets the settings on wake up, to hide them again you can just change any display setting to get rid of them (My line spacing is set to minimum so just a press on the minus will reload the settings and remove the line numbers until I let it sleep again)

I got rid of it once by a factory reset, but it came back again with an update and has stubbornly refused to fix itself since then.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote