Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-10-2004, 08:54 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Gmail-mobile PHP script for accessing Gmail via WAP

Bob posted about Gmail-lite before, a Perl-based PHP script that provides Gmail access to mobile browser.

Now there is another tool called Gmail-mobile 0.1, also PHP-based, which allows you to access your GMail account with any WAP phone (WML format).

It seems to be very trivial to rewrite this script to have it output mobile-friendly html instead of WML. Any volunteers? (edit: Gmail-lite does that, plus it is also in PHP. Thanks to rclodfelter for correcting me).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #2
rclodfelter
rclodfelter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70V
I just looked at Gmail-Lite and it is Php not perl.
rclodfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oups, I could have sworn I saw Perl code (.pl). Thanks for the correction!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #4
rclodfelter
rclodfelter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70V
The code is a lot like Perl, wish it was!
rclodfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I used to code in Perl in the past, but nowadays 99% of my scripts are PHP-based. Don't ask me why, I guess it is just out of habit.
Advert