Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2024, 08:18 AM   #1
Tetsuo1981
Tetsuo1981 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 840
Duokan English for DX install HELP

Hi all
I appreciate I'm a bit late to this but have just ordered a Kindle DX (serial no B005 A0A2 ???? ????) and am looking at installing Duokan on it. Downloaded the final English version from an old link I found here, and get that I need the 3 folders installed (DK docs, pics and system) on root of Kindle but I'm confused which .bin I should copy over? Both of them, the dx or dxi one??
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks guys and gals ����
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240323_121512_My Files~2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	207096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240323_121544_My Files~2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	207097  

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-23-2024 at 10:13 AM.
Tetsuo1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:30 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
DX is the DXG with inferior screen.
Also most places the 2G/3G no longer works. No WiFi. Without JB and USB Networking you can't set the date/time and then it's 1970 and all is broken, unless you get a cell connection (and can take a day).
Certs out of date so web browser doesn't really work.

Never post entire serial number as people could perhaps get it blacklisted.

I think Duokan might not work well on the K1, K2, DXG and DX (not enough RAM).
I suspect minimum is a K3 (though DXG was released just after K3, it's basically a DX with better screen).

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Duokan

Last edited by Quoth; 03-23-2024 at 08:32 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 09:56 AM   #3
Tetsuo1981
Tetsuo1981 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
DX is the DXG with inferior screen.
Also most places the 2G/3G no longer works. No WiFi. Without JB and USB Networking you can't set the date/time and then it's 1970 and all is broken, unless you get a cell connection (and can take a day).
Certs out of date so web browser doesn't really work.

Never post entire serial number as people could perhaps get it blacklisted.

I think Duokan might not work well on the K1, K2, DXG and DX (not enough RAM).
I suspect minimum is a K3 (though DXG was released just after K3, it's basically a DX with better screen).

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Duokan
Cheers for that. Fully aware that 3g not working and no WiFi, bought it understanding it'll be essentially a dumb terminal, I just want to dump my own books and comics onto it, not interested in Web browsing or signing into my amazon account.
As for black listing, I'd be amazed if it isn't already blacklisted and if I can't get online with it because it has no WiFi and 3g support has ended how will it be affected?
I've looked at the page you've suggested and it still doesn't answer my question. Which .bin do I need to copy over to install?
Thanks
Tetsuo1981 is offline   Reply With Quote