Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
bobcarter07
bobcarter07 began at the beginning.

Device: HTC
How to activesync with the Dash via Bluetooth

How to activesync with the Dash via Bluetooth :

I'm posting this here in hopes it might be helpful for anyone having as much trouble as I've been having getting my Dash to activesync (4.5) with my PC (WinXP, SP2) via Bluetooth. Every time I would try to "connect via Bluetooth" in the Activesync menu on the Dash, I got the following error:
"Cannot connect using Bluetooth to a pc that supports ActiveSync. You may be out of range. Would you like to create a Bluetooth partnership with a different PC?" This happened dozens of times, and I got more and more frustrated.

So here's what I did.

I deleted the PC from my list of BT devices on my phone , and I deleted the phone from the PC - in other words, I deleted the partnership. I made sure - again - that the COM port associated with the serial connection in my BT configuration was selected in the Activesync connection settings under "allow connections to one of the following:".

I then went back into Activesync on the Dash. (A Bluetooth sync has to be initiated from the phone, not the PC.) I went into the menu, chose "Connect via Bluetooth," and when the error message popped up again (this time because there truly WAS no pc that supports activesync), I chose "yes" when it asked if I wanted to partner with a different PC.

It took me into the Bluetooth Devices screen. I hit "add new device." It found my computer , and I chose it, entering a security code on the Dash and then on the PC when prompted. Hit Okay a couple of times on the PC as it alerted me to the new device that had connected to it. On the Dash, it prompted me for a device name for the PC (it had one plugged in already). I hit Next and got to a list of services. I checked ActiveSync. If you don't see ActiveSync, hit Menu and Refresh until ActiveSync appears in the list. I hit Done twice.

The Dash took me back to the Activesync. Once again, I went into the menu and chose "Connect via Bluetooth," and it worked.

I hope someone finds this helpful, especially the nice advanced techs at T-Mobile that didn't have a clue. (I figured this out while I was on hold.)
bobcarter07 is offline   Reply With Quote