Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
tado
tado began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Best Light clip on for kindle ?

Just curious from other users thats the best out there that you have used?
tado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I never found one that worked. I preferred headlamps. My favorite brand is Petzl. Of course, I don't really mind if people think I look silly. But, that's all in the past. I now have the Paperwhite.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
I have a Kindle Touch and am on my third light. This one is a keeper! It is Mighty Bright's Hammerhead. It has six led bulbs, runs off either three AAA batteries or an a/c adaptor (sold separately). I like it very much because the wide light head covers not only all of the Kindle page, but also hardback or trade size p-books. The clip is substantial and makes it a little heavier than the other two lights that I have, but it stays in place on my cover (or p-book) and hasn't been noticeably heavy or unwieldy.

I think it goes through batteries too fast, but I believe that about almost everything that uses AAA or AA.

I like it well enough that I plan to buy another one--I think it will be good for crafty endeavors.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Before my Paperwhite, my favorite light was my Mighty Bright Travelflex (runs off 1 AAA battery).
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
seefo
seefo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
three AAA batteries
Does it feel heavy when use with batteries?
seefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefo View Post
Does it feel heavy when use with batteries?
It is heavier than my M-Edge one-battery clip-on, but didn't feel uncomfortable or unwieldy. I typically use it for two to three hours at a stretch, and haven't noticed any great fatigue (I do have one rather bad wrist from an accident, so any issues would be sure to show up). The batteries are all in the clip portion which has a substantial depth, so it all goes on the Kindle cover very securely.

Every one's preferences and needs are different, of course, but my overriding requirement is light--lots of it and good color--and the Hammerhead delivers.

Here's the info on it from their web site. I bought mine through Amazon, and I have seen them at B&N. (I'm in the US.)

http://www.mightybright.com/Craft-Li...ED-Book-Light/

Hope this helps...
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
It is heavier than my M-Edge one-battery clip-on, but didn't feel uncomfortable or unwieldy. I typically use it for two to three hours at a stretch, and haven't noticed any great fatigue (I do have one rather bad wrist from an accident, so any issues would be sure to show up). The batteries are all in the clip portion which has a substantial depth, so it all goes on the Kindle cover very securely.

Every one's preferences and needs are different, of course, but my overriding requirement is light--lots of it and good color--and the Hammerhead delivers.

Here's the info on it from their web site. I bought mine through Amazon, and I have seen them at B&N. (I'm in the US.)

http://www.mightybright.com/Craft-Li...ED-Book-Light/

Hope this helps...
That looks like an excellent light. I wish it had been available when I purchased my first Mightybright years ago.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
tado
tado began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the great advice !
tado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The PW just blows away any clip-on light, to my mind. I really would consider an upgrade. Forget the reports you've probably read about "bad" PW screens - even the worst of them is enormously better than using a clip-on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
I agree with Harry. I bought a PW, and then sold my Touch via CL, for a net cost about the same as a good light, that still needs to be lugged around and fiddled with. If you use a reading light with your Kindle very much, consider upgrading.
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Before my Paperwhite, my favorite light was my Mighty Bright Travelflex (runs off 1 AAA battery).
I second the Travelflex. A very good light that runs on one rechargeable AAA.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote