Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Thumbs up ace-of-penguins

after much faffing I finally got ace-of-penguins to run natively.

When I figure out the exact libs from the enormous pile "not actually required" I will package it up.

see no reason why it won't work on the PW.

http://www.delorie.com/store/ace/s/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_062.png
Views:	252
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	95723   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_064.png
Views:	254
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	95724   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_065.png
Views:	231
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	95725   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_066.png
Views:	228
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	95726   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_067.png
Views:	241
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	95727   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_068.png
Views:	224
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	95728   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_069.png
Views:	236
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	95729   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_070.png
Views:	232
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	95730   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_071.png
Views:	216
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	95731  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

see no reason why it won't work on the PW.
Other than the fact that there is no jailbreak for the PW version 5.3.0 firmware yet.

The bad news: The 5.3.0 update is a complete system (kernel + system image) replacement. It replaces everything that was 5.2.0, including hacks.

The good news: The 5.3.0 update is a complete system (kernel + system image) replacement. Which allows it to be run outside of the kindle to audit its security.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Other than the fact that there is no jailbreak for the PW version 5.3.0 firmware yet.

The bad news: The 5.3.0 update is a complete system (kernel + system image) replacement. It replaces everything that was 5.2.0, including hacks.

The good news: The 5.3.0 update is a complete system (kernel + system image) replacement. Which allows it to be run outside of the kindle to audit its security.
Yeah. I rather did think that after I had typed it

Time will tell
Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Ace of penguins? Is that me?
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Ace of penguins? Is that me?
HEH. quite possibly with that line in talk-fire : D

Thanks for reminding me about this - I was checking out lydovigs javascript implementations, decide if I should bother. I think I will now.

: )

Tags
cards, kindle 5, penguins, ports, tux