Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #256
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Rellwood - try the 'beta' version in post #252, it has separate options in the tool drop down to save View columns and View sorts.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #257
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #258
Blrp
Blrp began at the beginning.

When I start Calibre with "Automatically apply view", it f##ks up the column widths. Then when I select a view (even if it's the same as I started with), the column widths are restored. Is a bug fix coming?

Moderator Notice
Language! This is a Family site

Last edited by theducks; 10-20-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Blrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #259
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blrp View Post
When I start Calibre with "Automatically apply view", it f##ks up the column widths. Then when I select a view (even if it's the same as I started with), the column widths are restored. Is a bug fix coming?
This was previously discussed. I'm not aware of any way to fix it.

Last edited by PeterT; 10-20-2018 at 01:19 PM.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #260
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quick Question.

Where is the gui dialog box configuration? The View Manger in my Main library won't let me bring down the width of the dialog box. Not a problem in other libraries, but in this one I have to scoot the box past the visible area to get to a side. It won't let me "grab" the sides and trying to "squeeze" the box to make it shrink.

I was thinking that somewhere the is a configuration indicating that the width of the widget is set way to wide. It's happened before with some other plugins that I was able to find and fix, but View Manager is kind of tricky. Like I said, some libraries that have no "views" are fine, but the ones that I use a lot are all stuck super wide.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #261
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just move the window until you can see left edge then drag it to the right. If you can't see the title bar press Ctrl+Space M, move with arrow keys until you can see it, press Enter.

IIRC all the window geometry settings are in gui.json, but I am not 100% certain that's still the case.

BR
Old 09-28-2019, 06:40 PM   #262
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Just move the window until you can see left edge then drag it to the right. If you can't see the title bar press Ctrl+Space M, move with arrow keys until you can see it, press Enter.

IIRC all the window geometry settings are in gui.json, but I am not 100% certain that's still the case.

BR
I tried that (dragging it across the screen) but both ends went past the edge of the screen. I couldn't make it less wide using the arrows on the edges when you "grab" the box.

I ended up uninstalling it and downloading the beta in post #252 and it fixed it. I think I had the 1.4.3 version from 2017. Might be a reason. I haven't updated or uninstalled it since the first time I got it. I can already tell that it's updated because there are icons on it that weren't there before.

Anyhow, it's fixed. Now if I only hadn't used Job Spy to purge the configurations because now I have no views. It didn't help by the way. Still a big-wide box that had no views.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #263
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

When a plugin is un-installed all of its settings are left in place. The JS tool only removes settings kept in the library databases. There are View Manager related settings in customize.py.json and gui.json which can only be removed by hand.

BR
Old 09-29-2019, 12:46 AM   #264
Rellwood

Quote:
When a plugin is un-installed all of its settings are left in place. The JS tool only removes settings kept in the library databases. There are View Manager related settings in customize.py.json and gui.json which can only be removed by hand.

BR
The problem I noticed is that the plugin (View Manager) doesn't have an additional .json alongside the .zip file.

All the information is listed in each library. Normally, I am able to figure out the problems by going through the .db and .json files, but I couldn't find anything about the View Manager gui settings. I searched in the .db and the back up preferences. The views are listed (columns and sizes, etc.) but the gui parameters weren't listed. Since the problem was specific to one library and its' descendants, I checked in their database files. I even used compare it, but couldn't figure out where the differences were.

I had a similar problem a while ago with the manage tag browser columns. Couldn't see all three columns at once. I ended up finding that the column width for the current tag was set to 1400 or some such astronomical size. I fixed it.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:17 AM   #265
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:

BR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
The problem I noticed is that the plugin (View Manager) doesn't have an additional .json alongside the .zip file.

All the information is listed in each library. Normally, I am able to figure out the problems by going through the .db and .json files, but I couldn't find anything about the View Manager gui settings. I searched in the .db and the back up preferences. The views are listed (columns and sizes, etc.) but the gui parameters weren't listed. Since the problem was specific to one library and its' descendants, I checked in their database files. I even used compare it, but couldn't figure out where the differences were.

I had a similar problem a while ago with the manage tag browser columns. Couldn't see all three columns at once. I ended up finding that the column width for the current tag was set to 1400 or some such astronomical size. I fixed it.
Read what I wrote!!!!!!

Uninstall the PI, use JS to get remove library settings, then with calibre closed, search those two files for View Manager entries and remove what you find - carefully.

BR
Old 10-04-2019, 09:14 PM   #266
Rellwood

*facepalm*

I wasn't paying attention to the files. Instead of seeing the app data files, I saw the library database and json files.

Thanks! I fixed it
Old 12-19-2019, 04:05 PM   #267
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version

As you may have heard, Calibre on Python3 betas are now available.

Which means plugins need to start being transitioned to Python3 also.

Back in May 2018, I posted this test version. While it was never released as the official version, it is the version I've been using ever since.

Attached is a (hopefully) Python3 compatible update to that version.

2019-12-19

- Changes for Python3.

Also increases minimum supported Calibre version to v2.85.1.

Please let me know if this version works for you or not, especially on the Py3 beta.

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-15-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: beta zip moved to first post
Old 01-30-2020, 03:48 AM   #268
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version

As you may have heard, Calibre on Python3 betas are now available.

Which means plugins need to start being transitioned to Python3 also.

Back in May 2018, I posted this test version. While it was never released as the official version, it is the version I've been using ever since.

Attached is a (hopefully) Python3 compatible update to that version.

2019-12-19

- Changes for Python3.

Also increases minimum supported Calibre version to v2.85.1.

Please let me know if this version works for you or not, especially on the Py3 beta.
@JimmXinu - I made some changes to my data so I could install the new version in preparation for the py3 calibre release - I was stuck on 1.3.2.

In dark mode the up/down arrows in the sort order column are black on black:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-30 194420.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	176751

BR
Old 01-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #269
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
@JimmXinu - I made some changes to my data so I could install the new version in preparation for the py3 calibre release - I was stuck on 1.3.2.
I don't know what you mean, but I assume it doesn't matter for this.

Quote:
In dark mode the up/down arrows in the sort order column are black on black:
The up/down arrow buttons are to the right of their controlled list. So that's the split pane arrow you are looking at--which is that color because it's disabled when you have split pane unchecked.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #270
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The up/down arrow buttons are to the right of their controlled list. So that's the split pane arrow you are looking at--which is that color because it's disabled when you have split pane unchecked.
@JimmXinu - sorry, I should have been explicit, I'm not referring the green column ordering arrows, but to the in-list sort direction arrows (↑ ↓):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-31 065113.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	176763

AFAIK I don't have split pane enabled, in the plugin or anywhere else.

BR