Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2024, 09:34 PM   #1186
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The better hyphenation dictionaries need to be added to the first post.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405

There is...
  • English US
  • French
  • German
  • Hungarian
  • Spanish
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 11:13 AM   #1187
sarahcapa
sarahcapa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivp View Post
Here is two English-Ukrainian Kobo dictionaries.

Source dictionaries I took from here,
and I have converted to Kobo format using Penelope.

dicthtml-en-ua.zip
English-Ukrainian dictionary
Words count: 63,287
Qualitatively decorated, looks good in Kobo.

dicthtml-en-ua-2.zip
slovnyk_en-uk
Words count: 138,169
In terms of the number of words, this should be larger, but in terms of quality of design, it is worse.
I was wondering if someone can help me as I don't have a dev background and it's all very new to me. I'm really willing to learn, but right now I just feel so stupid.

I downloaded the first Ukrainian-English dictionary in this post and have tried a couple of ways of uploading to Kobo. First, I tried just copying it into the dictionary folder but of course, that didn't work. I also tried copying it into the 'custom-dict' folder.

Next, I tried uploading the dictionary and renaming it to one of the dictionaries that already existed to replace it. It didn't work.

Then I realised that of course, it's not that simple, and tried following this guide: https://pgaskin.net/dictutil/dicthtml/install.html

But I don't really know what a patch is or how to find one so I just downloaded the latest firmware and hoped for the best. The instructions say "First, if you are not replacing a built-in dictionary, enable and install the Enable searches on extra dictionaries patch." but I can't find the patch or instructions for how to install and enable it. Is the patch just the latest firmware? (Sorry, I literally work in the arts)

Then I followed the rest of the instructions. However, initially, I had the dictionary saved in customdict and added to the config ExtraLocales=en-ua. It made a load of extra dictionaries appear in the list that had weird names, the first being "Extra: en-ua" and a load of others reading "Extra: en-ua - Italiano."

So I tried renaming the dictionary so that en-ua was just ua. And I made sure the dictionary appeared in the 'dict' folder and was read-only. Also hasn't worked, just made a dictionary called dicthtml-ua.zip appear in the list which does nothing.

I'm really at a total loss but I'd love to be able to download this dictionary so that I can learn. This is the way I began learning Dutch and I'm now fluent, so it would be amazing if I could practise Ukrainian in the same way. Really appreciate any help.
sarahcapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:55 AM   #1188
LatinLover
LatinLover began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
convert to kobo format

Does anyone know if this file is convertible to kobo? If so I'd be very appreciative of anyone who's able to convert it for me: https://github.com/latin-dict/Forcel...llini-html.zip
LatinLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:29 PM   #1189
LatinLover
LatinLover began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinLover View Post
Does anyone know if this file is convertible to kobo? If so I'd be very appreciative of anyone who's able to convert it for me: https://github.com/latin-dict/Forcel...llini-html.zip
If it helps this is where I got the link from: https://latin-dict.github.io/diction...orcellini.html
LatinLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 06:39 PM   #1190
takfarinas
takfarinas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o libra
Hello everybody
i am asking if its possible to merge two dictionaries de-en with en-ar to result de-(en-ar) because I need a de-ar
if some one can do it plse
thanks a lot

Last edited by takfarinas; 03-17-2024 at 02:07 PM. Reason: I forget to write : thanks
takfarinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:42 AM   #1191
hkjhk&
hkjhk& began at the beginning.

Hi! Does anyone have Ukrainian-English dictionary for kobo? There are some dictionaries on this website http://dicto.org.ru/xdxf.html however I'm not sure how to convert XDXF to XML or straight to kobo format, would really appreciate any help!
hkjhk& is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries