Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #106
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
at the moment is a rumor eink/lcd motorola https://www.slashgear.com/moto-z-mod...play-02466210/
So far, on Indiegogo there's no e-Ink Moto Z mod.

The Motorola site says they will select up to 10 mods in early March, so we can still hope....
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #107
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
hisense A2 is coming with 5,2 eink + 5.5 lcd, outstanding battery life ( 3000), Android 6, 4Gb ram, sd external card, to load whatever you want. The only huge issue, is that they made the eink screen inbuilt inside another screen that allow reflection???? really not a smart move, if you see the videos you can see how awful is that

anyway the market begins to hear and understands that the yp2 flop was due only to a really high price for a Russian unknown brand, it looks as there is huge interest from a K player as well, and itunes users want some eink support.
http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...screen-iphone/
if Apple and Samsung start to fight on that there will be a great offer till flexible screens won't be launched and popularly adopted.
in the meantime we have the YP2.

Last edited by trocchietto; 02-11-2017 at 08:45 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #108
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This reddit link says 6.0 is coming:
https://www.reddit.com/r/YotaPhone/c...0_coming_soon/

[Apologies, on a phone and couldn't find the original XDA thread.]
Old 03-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #109
jj2me
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
So far, on Indiegogo there's no e-Ink Moto Z mod.

The Motorola site says they will select up to 10 mods in early March, so we can still hope....
There's an e-Ink finalist, but unfortunately with currently low support (currently 3 backers and 63 euros of the 300,000 euros needed) compared to all the proposed Moto Z mods on Indiegogo.

A 4.3" screen, with a final price tag of 199 euros (which is more than you'd pay for the 4.3" Yotaphone 2 phone today). Note that it will have a bonus additional security feature of end-to-end display encryption so that "all data can be sent to it encrypted and will be never seen in plaintext on the Moto Zs processor."
Old 03-11-2017, 06:13 AM   #110
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

4.3 eink is not cool, i want 5 till 5.7 to update
Advert
Old 03-11-2017, 06:24 AM   #111
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
4.3 eink is not cool, i want 5 till 5.7 to update
4.3" would be cool, as long as it's a 4:3 screen, not a 16:10, or even worse, a 16:9.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #112
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
hisense A2 is coming with 5,2 eink + 5.5 lcd, outstanding battery life ( 3000), Android 6, 4Gb ram, sd external card, to load whatever you want. The only huge issue, is that they made the eink screen inbuilt inside another screen that allow reflection???? really not a smart move, if you see the videos you can see how awful is that

anyway the market begins to hear and understands that the yp2 flop was due only to a really high price for a Russian unknown brand, it looks as there is huge interest from a K player as well, and itunes users want some eink support.
http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...screen-iphone/
if Apple and Samsung start to fight on that there will be a great offer till flexible screens won't be launched and popularly adopted.
in the meantime we have the YP2.
looks like the hisense a2 will be only available in china unfortunately
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:25 AM   #113
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
looks like the hisense a2 will be only available in china unfortunately
That's because Amazon holds a patent on that technology, so they can't sell it in the U.S. (not sure about the rest of the world). Kind of annoying that Amazon doesn't sell a dual-screen device, but prevents everyone else from doing so.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #114
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
That's because Amazon holds a patent on that technology, so they can't sell it in the U.S. (not sure about the rest of the world). Kind of annoying that Amazon doesn't sell a dual-screen device, but prevents everyone else from doing so.
Even logical I am afraid. If they open to Android eink it will be the end of Kindle..
Old 04-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #115
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Android 6.0 officially announced on the official Yota Russian social media account.
At this moment it is for people that have Russian firmware.
https://vk.com/yota.devices?w=wall-58332677_42867

https://forum.xda-developers.com/yot...3518062/page31
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:14 AM   #116
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I got some questions

Is the international 201 version necessary for Android 5.0 ?

I know people have tried to flash the 206 to "convert" it into 201

But

a) does that really work without causing damage ? And
b) do you also get lte by converting it ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:55 AM   #117
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My Yotaphone died overnight. It was on its charging pad as usual, but now seems to be stuck in some kind of startup loop. I've tried holding down the power button for a long time (20+ secs), but it makes no difference.

What's a good way to reset it? Currently I've left it unplugged from power to see if a low charge state will make a difference.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #118
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My Yotaphone died overnight. It was on its charging pad as usual, but now seems to be stuck in some kind of startup loop. I've tried holding down the power button for a long time (20+ secs), but it makes no difference.
How odd. A day of sitting quietly, and it seems to have fixed itself.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #119
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
How odd. A day of sitting quietly, and it seems to have fixed itself.
a sw issue I guess. I ordered a second one that my first one crashed the lcd, fortunately I can continue to use the eink screen for the time being

Anyway guys, do you know if Hisense A2 can be bought in some ways in europe?
I am thinking to ask for a refund to amazon, and then with the money back to buy a hisense A2, 5,2 inches for reading is exactly what i need, the 4,7 from yotaphone goes a bit strict to my standards, even if I found different workarounds.

Do you know how can I buy on line the Hisense A 2 without any risk? Amazon does not have and 435 bucks are a bit too much to risk
https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...china-435.html

btw did you see some video? it looks as the eink reflect the light too much, possibily has a glass that protect the eink? is terrible to see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ZPdWCMfk4

Last edited by trocchietto; 04-07-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:37 AM   #120
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Android 6.0 officially announced on the official Yota Russian social media account.
At this moment it is for people that have Russian firmware.
https://vk.com/yota.devices?w=wall-58332677_42867

https://forum.xda-developers.com/yot...3518062/page31
I've not even dared updating my phone to 5.0... Most of those posts from XDA are highly confusing...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote