Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-26-2018, 03:22 AM   #1
notaraptor
notaraptor began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
ebook-viewer not showing TOC (greyed out) for some books

Problem: With some (rare, for now) ebooks, the TOC exists but the TOC icon is greyed out in the ebook-viewer side menu, both in windows (win10 64bit calibre) and in linux (arch calibre package), as if the viewer doesn't think it has a table of contents.

Other tests: ebook-edit sees the TOC (The TOC exists and is not empty when looked at in the TOC editor within ebook-edit).

Expected: TOC should show up when viewing the ebook with ebook-viewer, since it shows up correctly in the TOC editor within ebook-edit.

I have a link to one of the ebooks, but I don't know if it's permitted to post a temporary link to a book on a filehost, even if it's for bug reporting purposes. Please advise.

It's the second book I noticed this with, so it's not a fluke, but it's rare. Maybe something to do with some newer ebook TOC standard? The book is very new. The first book I noticed this with was fairly new too, maybe less than a month ago.
notaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a bug report and attach your book to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:01 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by notaraptor View Post
I have a link to one of the ebooks, but I don't know if it's permitted to post a temporary link to a book on a filehost, even if it's for bug reporting purposes. Please advise.
Don't post the link on this forum.

The following tells you how to report bugs and attach copyright protected material ==>> https://calibre-ebook.com/bugs

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, ebook-viewer, toc