Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 01:48 PM   #976
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Using the search for books at Kindle Unlimited I am not finding some that I know are on the Unlimited list. One reason is that if an author's initials have periods (R. P. Dahlke) in Calibre but don't have periods on Amazon, the match won't be found. Since book ideas come from all over the place an author's name may be formatted many different ways.

While looking for other examples of this issue I noticed that the book searched for in the log below appeared to be found in the log but then for some reason was reported as not found. Have a look at this log please and see if there is something else I should be doing. Please and thanks.

Starting job: Search for books by 1 author
Overdrive Link 2.31.0, calibre 3.38.1
Search language: English
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Kindle Book, Mobipocket eBook, Open EPUB eBook
=================================================
Finding library books by J.A. Konrath
Accessing library Kindle Unlimited
Search Kindle Unlimited for runner by j.a. konrath
Get https://www.amazon.com/s/?unfiltered...r=j.a.+konrath
Response: page 1 of 1. 2 total results
Found (ku) Rum Runner - A Thriller (Jacqueline Jack Daniels Mysteries Book 9) [B01BCU68MK@ak, @ak/unlimited, English]
Found (ku) Jack Daniels Series - Three Thriller Novels by J. A. Konrath [B079G93SDN@ak, @ak/unlimited, English]
Found 2 books in 1.8 sec
Search Kindle Unlimited for runner by j. a. konrath
Get https://www.amazon.com/s/?unfiltered...=j.+a.+konrath
Response: page 1 of 1. 2 total results
Found (ku) Rum Runner - A Thriller (Jacqueline Jack Daniels Mysteries Book 9) [B01BCU68MK@ak, @ak/unlimited, English]
Found (ku) Jack Daniels Series - Three Thriller Novels by J. A. Konrath [B079G93SDN@ak, @ak/unlimited, English]
Found 2 books in 5.8 sec
Accessing library Amazon Prime
Search Amazon Prime for runner by j.a. konrath
Get https://www.amazon.com/s/?unfiltered...r=j.a.+konrath
Found 0 books in 5.9 sec
Search Amazon Prime for runner by j. a. konrath
Get https://www.amazon.com/s/?unfiltered...=j.+a.+konrath
Found 0 books in 5.3 sec
Opening cache database C:\Users\rracoon\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\O verdrive Link Cache.db
Opened in 0.0 sec. Cache is 3,308,544 bytes and contains 1,998 items.
Found B01BCU68MK@ak/ in cache
Updated book info: Rum Runner - A Thriller by J. A. Konrath [Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries [09], B01BCU68MK@ak, @ak/unlimited, Kindle Book, Amazon Digital Services LLC, 2016-03-25T00:00:00+00:00, English]
Found B079G93SDN@ak/ in cache
Updated book info: Jack Daniels Series - Three Thriller Novels by J. A. Konrath [B079G93SDN@ak, @ak/unlimited, Kindle Book, Amazon Digital Services LLC, 2018-01-29T00:00:00+00:00, English]
Matching 1 calibre book with 2 library books
Found 0 matching calibre books in 0.0 sec
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #977
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
Using the search for books at Kindle Unlimited I am not finding some that I know are on the Unlimited list. One reason is that if an author's initials have periods (R. P. Dahlke) in Calibre but don't have periods on Amazon, the match won't be found. Since book ideas come from all over the place an author's name may be formatted many different ways.
That seems reasonable. I will change the search algorithm in the next plugin release to handle combined author initials so that "R. P. Dahlke" will match "RP Dahlke". Hopefully there won't be any unexpected side effects of this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
While looking for other examples of this issue I noticed that the book searched for in the log below appeared to be found in the log but then for some reason was reported as not found.
In this case I assume that you have the title of the book as "Rum Runner" in calibre. Unfortunately the author has named that book "Rum Runner - A Thriller" so it does not match. The plugin already has an exception for the common title suffix "A Novel". I will add "A Thriller" to also be ignored in the next plugin release.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2019, 05:31 PM   #978
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Many thanks for your very fine plugin and all of the work you do to make this area of Calibre so powerful.

A
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:10 PM   #979
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.32.0 - 01 Feb 2019

Search for combined initials in author names. For example "R. P. Dahlke" will match "RP Dahlke".

Ignore "A Thriller" as part of the book title when finding books.

Update internal list of known OverDrive sites.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:01 PM   #980
Montana Harper
Connoisseur
Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 7+, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
One suggestion is to do them in small groups until you are blocked and then wait until the next day to do more.
If I have a library group set up with Kindle Unlimited, WhisperSync, and buyable/"store" books, does that hit Amazon three times per book, or just once but looking for three different pieces of information?

Also, I've been assuming that if I've got Kindle Unlimited and I search for books there, I don't need to search for them on Prime Reading or Kindle Owners' Library, since the plugin help file says those are subsets of the Kindle Unlimited library offerings. Am I correct in my interpretation?

TIA!
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2019, 07:40 PM   #981
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
If I have a library group set up with Kindle Unlimited, WhisperSync, and buyable/"store" books, does that hit Amazon three times per book, or just once but looking for three different pieces of information?
It takes a separate query for each category to detect whether the book you are searching for is in that category. Multiple searches are done with variants of the author name in some cases (e.g. with and without initials).

Searches often return books with similar author name and titles to the book being requested. It takes an extra query for each of those returned books in order to get their details and rule them out.

If the same book is found within multiple categories then its details will only be retrieved once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
Also, I've been assuming that if I've got Kindle Unlimited and I search for books there, I don't need to search for them on Prime Reading or Kindle Owners' Library, since the plugin help file says those are subsets of the Kindle Unlimited library offerings. Am I correct in my interpretation?
Amazon doesn't say one way or the other. It appears to be the case for the books I have searched, but it is not a certainty.