Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 01:56 AM   #1201
pleiadesc
Enthusiast
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I haven't seen one. On the metadata edit dialog, you can use the paste button next to the identifiers to put the identifier in. If the clipboard has the URI for an identifier in it, then the identifier will be added (eg. If the clipboard is "zotero://select/items/0_QMACKRJQ", it will add "zotero:0_QMACKRJQ). But, you can add identifiers to the right-click menu of the button.

Hmm, you can remove an identifier in the book details pane. Maybe it should also allow adding one.

I use the same process as you using the metadata edit dialogue, although I can't add identifiers to the menu of the button, is there a plugin? or is this feature can be made into a plugin?

Thanks for telling me the identifier in the book detals pane, I will request for a feature to allow adding identifiers.
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:10 AM   #1202
pleiadesc
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
'fraid not.

My baseline position on entering metadata for a single book is that you'd have to be nuts not to do it directly into the book list cells. You can arrange the columns in a left to right sequence that best suits what your doing, I use View manager to facilitate this. You can copy a set of column values from one book to another using ctrl+c and ctrl+v, there's a tweak to define which columns are copied. You can see what your doing in context of other books, e.g. if it's book in series you might want start by doing a search for that series.

As far as I know the only column that can't be entered via the book list cells is Identifiers. That for me was a reason to not use custom identifiers to create links -- and I also didn't like my custom links masquerading as book store links

BR
Too bad there is no easy way to add identifiers. I will try requesting a feature for adding on the book panel

Thank you for sharing View manager, I will install it, looks like I can use it to hide columns I don't need to know when choosing a book to read.
Advert
Old 02-07-2019, 02:41 AM   #1203
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
I use the same process as you using the metadata edit dialogue, although I can't add identifiers to the menu of the button, is there a plugin? or is this feature can be made into a plugin?
Right-clicking on the identifier paste button should show a menu with "Edit list of prefixes" at the top and several prefixes under it. Clicking the first item will open a dialog where you can change which prefixes are listed on the menu.

If that isn't there, then update calibre. I don't remember exactly when this was added, but it was at least six months ago.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:05 AM   #1204
pleiadesc
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Right-clicking on the identifier paste button should show a menu with "Edit list of prefixes" at the top and several prefixes under it. Clicking the first item will open a dialog where you can change which prefixes are listed on the menu.

If that isn't there, then update calibre. I don't remember exactly when this was added, but it was at least six months ago.
I see it now, Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #1205
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (2), PW2 (1), PW3 (4)
I'm wondering if there can be a way to tweak the Calibre Amazon metadata to download the asin identifiers instead of isbn. Also, would really like to see the tags go into a genre column. I can't find the Amazon info in the Calibre files (other than the basic .py that says what fields to download).
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub fix, epub-fix, google books, plugin development