Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 09:22 PM   #1
compurandom
Addict
compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Wikidata GUI

This plugin imports near arbitrary metadata from Wikidata for books that already have a wikidata ID. Use the wikidata metadata plugin to add IDs to existing books or use the "search by other IDs" feature to try to connect books via URIs and other external identifiers.

There's a todo.txt in the zip file with the complaints I personally have and possible future features. Discussion of these or others will prioritize their implementation.

Features supported in version 1.2:
  • Property, Tag, and Identifier editor to help mange wikidata before merging into books
  • Import from books or manually enter arbitrary wikidata properties and entities and mark for filtering
  • Import from books external identifiers in wikidata for editing
  • Merge in series data with support for a second series in a custom column
  • Identifier editor to manage importing and translating of identifiers back and forth to URIs
  • Convert and search by external identifiers already in book metadata
  • Partially merge selected properties when adding new properties.
  • Mark books to indicate merge status
  • Option to hide uninteresting imported properties and tags

Version History:
Spoiler:

Version 1.2.1 - 11 Feb 2019
Fix bug with missing mark_* options in defaults
strip spaces for tags and properties

Version 1.2.0 - 28 Jan 2019

Add support for importing series data
second series supported in a custom column

fixed bug involving merging tags

Version 1.0.1 - 22 Jan 2019
Fix a crash during merge caused by occasional unexpected data from wikidata. This is a quick fix to capture the crash so that the offending book can be marked as in error for manual review and continue with the merge.

A more extensive fix is needed to properly handle conversion to target datatypes and possibly do a better job of merging data based on that.

Version 1.0.0 - 20 Jan 2019
New features:
* Search for books in wikidata by identifier
* Merge button on customize tabs
* Merge button on properties/tags tab can merge just selected properties
* Optionally mark books with merge status
* Option to hide uninteresting imported properties and tags
* convert overdrive gutenberg ids to gutenberg ids
* convert urls to ids from id preferences
* option to disable some delete confirmations
* convert overdrive gutenberg ids to gutenberg ids
* convert and delete urls matching imported IDs
* option to disable some delete confirmations
* option to chain convert IDs
Check forum thread for upcoming features and to give feedback on feature priority.

Bugs fixed:
* sorting now preserves selection
* Fixed a typo in new identifier default tag generation
* Saving ID visibility works now
* Messed with column widths
* Updated missing tooltips
* Performance improvements when updating metadata
* "undefined" dates now update properly

Version 0.3.0 - 13 Jan 2019
Initial release of Wikidata GUI plugin

Majority of planned features are implemented
Most features seem to not be buggy anymore

Known bugs:
Spoiler:

Some of these are (fixed) for the next version.
  • Handles multivalue fields poorly when inserting into a non-string field (luckily this isn't very common)
  • Some planned features are in the UI but not yet implemented
  • Probably needs more documentation, please ask questions!
  • Display sometimes doesn't update after merge (why? calibre bug?)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wikidata-gui.zip (85.7 KB, 400 views)

Last edited by compurandom; 02-11-2019 at 02:22 AM. Reason: 1.2.1 bug fix release
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
compurandom
Addict
compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

This post reserved for future info...
Old 01-20-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
compurandom
Addict

I've added support for importing series information.
This now supports all the metadata teh metadata plugin supports, except this can import *two* series into a book if you create a custom column for it.

The default settings are really intended as examples, but if anyone thinks I should include more, let me know.

I'll keep this message up to date with status of unimplemented features.

The next features I'm considering are:
  • (in progress) Creating missing books in a series or by an author; update books missing series info; add empty placeholder books; generate indexes for books with no wikidata series index from next/previous book links (mostly complete, cleaning up UI)
  • Handle books with multiple editions: pull metadata and pubdate from parent editions and multivalue pubdates; search forward and back for gutenberg editions
  • Advanced metadata merging for multivalue entries: replace overwrite column with a function: replace / if empty / min / max /average? / append? / other? (this would fix several bugs)
  • Merge our custom identifier handler with the calibre ID handler in Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details->Create rules to convert identifiers into links (this is probably mostly cosmetic to the user but would preserve identifiers independent from this plugin)
  • add special handler for URL type properties (wrap in html, wrap in markdown, or insert as identifier uri/url/urn or try to xlate url to id)

If Any of these interest you or you want some other feature, discuss it below and help me prioritize implementation...

Currently working on code to import data for missing books; this is going more slowly than I hoped, but it's progressing.

Last edited by compurandom; 02-17-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #4
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
My first book attempt:

calibre 3.39.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Fri Nov 2 20:43:16 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.15
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 23) && Wikidata (1, 3, 0) && Wikidata gui (1, 2, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 4, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.wikidata_gui.ui", line 35, in merge_wikidata
File "calibre_plugins.wikidata_gui.ui", line 228, in merge_actual
KeyError: 'mark_updated'
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #5
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Works when "Mark update books" is set in customize -> options.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:29 AM   #6
compurandom
Addict

Thanks, I'll look into it, but probably not until late sunday.
Not sure I've run it with that off. :-> oops.
I'd prefer to release it with the next feature set, but not sure how long that will take, so I might patch it earlier.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #7
compurandom
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
Works when "Mark update books" is set in customize -> options.
Looking at the code, I bet if you set the option, close the dialog, and then go back and unset the option, it'll still work.

I think I have a fix; the bug is that I forgot to add a few new options to the defaults table, so if you don't set them, they don't have a value and it chokes.

Note: fixed in 1.2.1, just released.

Last edited by compurandom; 02-11-2019 at 02:23 AM.