Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How hard should a bed be?
Crazy rock hard 1 5.26%
Very hard 3 15.79%
Somewhat hard 4 21.05%
Not hard, not soft.. 4 21.05%
Somewhat soft 5 26.32%
Very soft 1 5.26%
Crazy feather soft 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2019, 01:18 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
How hard should a bed be?

How hard should a bed be?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 AM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I have no trouble sleeping on a floor, and I only started using a pillow when I got married. We have a "sleep number" adjustable air bed. When my back begins to ache I know it's time to pump it up again.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2019, 05:56 AM   #3
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
I started using Innerspring mattresses since last few years after a prolonged backache problem. It has a 2 inch thick top layer of memory foam. It can be valued at 6-7 range (where 10 is the most firm). I've found it quite satisfying and comfortable.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I had a waterbed for years, but developed a backache. My doc insisted my problem was the waterbed. Switched to a regular bed and backache continued. Turned out to be the CHAIR. I miss my waterbed. These days though, they are too low and I would have trouble getting out of them.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I can sleep on a thin mat as long as I have a pillow. Think yoga mat thick, but preferably a bit wider so I can turn over without being on the floor.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Firmness preference is affected by favorite sleep position. Side sleepers typically want a softer mattress than back sleepers.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
We have a TemperPedic bed, and would never go back to a traditional mattress. It was the best 3 grand we ever spent.

After my husband's first neck surgery, the bed proved its worth. He struggled with spasms in the neck and shoulders after the surgery, and was always able to be comfortable in the bed.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I have no trouble sleeping on a floor, and I only started using a pillow when I got married. We have a "sleep number" adjustable air bed. When my back begins to ache I know it's time to pump it up again.
Ditto! I do afternoon naps on the floor (as long as it has some carpet). And I have an older brand of adjustable air bed. It's nice to be able to pump it up as desired, AND it's nice an light when you are lifting corners to make the bed.

So yeah - pretty durn hard for me.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Firmness preference is affected by favorite sleep position. Side sleepers typically want a softer mattress than back sleepers.
I tend to sleep on my side. Just the most comfortable position for me.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:28 AM   #10
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
As hard (or soft) as you would like it to be!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:31 AM   #11
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Dr. Oz says folks with high blood pressure should sleep on their left side.

I've slept so for about a year. More recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. Maybe sleeping on your left side *causes* high blood pressure...

And I want a really really firm bed. Like a "1-inch pad of cotton matting on a floor" firm.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 02-06-2019 at 04:34 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:54 AM   #12
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I've slept so for about a year. More recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. Maybe sleeping on your left side *causes* high blood pressure...
I am a left side sleeper since childhood and I'm suffering from high BP since long!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:38 AM   #13
Blackmagic
Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Blackmagic can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
I have a ruptured disc at my back and recently changed to a latex mattress without any springs. It is a stiff one and I love it a lot. No more backaches when I wake up.
Blackmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:23 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I like a somewhat hard bed, I've always slept on my left side, and I have low blood pressure.

Until a few years ago I was a restless sleeper, but now I hardly move - makes making the bed easier. On reflection I think it might be since I got my 'somewhat hard' bed. My amitié amoureuse says it's a rock-hard bed

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote