Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 12:56 AM   #1
ilovereading.com
Connoisseur
ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.ilovereading.com knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kobo Glo
Calibre Content Server connection questions

Hi all.

I am using an old kobo glo and a recently purchased used kobo arc.

I've had my glo since new in 2012 (I think) and since I've been using the CCS, I've not been able to access it the normal way. When I connect I get download bar and a message underneath saying "Loading, please wait... You can also use a simple, non-javascript version of this site: here (here is a clickable link). It doesn't load no matter how long I wait unless I click the link and then it takes me to a page where no matter what settings I can only view, as a list not a grid, 25 items at a time. It works, but is a slow way of dl new books from Calibre to the device (my USB connection no longer works). I must have set this up at some point as it never connects to the library I want it to so I have to change it, and again this takes a while.

Because I got the Arc recently, I tried to log on to the content server from there and it looks totally different. I initially get an error message "Error: Could not initialize database. You must allow calibre to use IndexedDB storage in your browser to read books". I can x out of that message and see a list of all my libraries in calibre which are all clickable, but if I then choose a book to click on and download, or just to read, it fails. There is no instruction as to how to get the browser use the DB storage (and I don't actually know what that means).

I know I can use Calibre Companion on the Arc, and have no problem with it, but that's not available on the Glo. Also, I just don't get why the content server doesn't work the way it should on both devices. Any ideas?

TIA
Old 04-18-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Duplicate post. Thread closed.
Closed Thread