Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
MDE author sort oddity

If I have a single name author, it comes up Red even though the case is the same.
If I then click the "copy" button , it turns Green, BUT the case is now UPPER.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Author sort oddity.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	182728  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What is the author sort set to in the tag browser Edit Authors dialog?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:07 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
What is the author sort set to in the tag browser Edit Authors dialog?
The Tag Browser is set to sort by Name.
A normal Fn Ln author sorts fine to Ln, Fn and does not fiddle with the case.

Something is really odd
Netgear raises the case
Me does not
Old 10-14-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Tag Browser is set to sort by Name.
That wasn't my question. In the edit authors dialog, what is the author sort for Netgear set to?
Old 10-14-2020, 09:51 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Sorry Charles, I am being dense. I can't find any place in the MDE or Tag browser to specify (override) the sort rule for a single author.

This is the only book where the Case gets changed when I click copy.
I started with Netgear as the sort, clicked copy to reset it (since the Quality check PI said I had sort issues) and it changed to upper case.

OK, I fixed it by retyping the Author. There was something INVISIBLE with the Author that caused it
Old 10-14-2020, 11:05 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is it possible the author was in your Calibre database before? I've had a similar thing happen after renaming fanfic authors and then importing a fic with their old name.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:44 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sorry Charles, I am being dense. I can't find any place in the MDE or Tag browser to specify (override) the sort rule for a single author.
In MDE click the "head" icon to the left of the author., or in the tag browser right-click on authors and choose Manage Authors. Search for the author, in this case Netgear. Set the author sort for that author to whatever you want. That author sort value is what calibre uses to set the sort box red or green in MDE.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Ah! I had found that before and just thought it followed the Sort field, since I had never touched it.
All is well now. Thanks