Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Firmware 4.19.14123 release

From geek1011's firmware download page, it appears that 4.19.14123 has been released for all but the Mini. The release notes are:

Code:
Hide or customize header and footer:

Choose to view page numbers, percent read, time remaining, or turn off the header, footer, or progress bar entirely.

Visit Settings > Reading settings.

Faster access to reading stats:

When reading Kobo EPUBs, tap the middle of your page, then choose the stats ‘graph’ icon in the header menu.

New language - Català:

We’ve added support for Català.

Tap ≡ and go to Settings > Language (Configuració > Idioma) to switch languages.
Check Kobo Firmware Downloads for the download links.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-11-2019 at 11:14 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo Firmware 4.19.14123

Kobo firmware 4.19.14123 has been released. As of December 11, 2019, it has been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, and the Kobo Libra H2O. It has not been released to the Kobo Mini. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try the generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick G (geek1011). Source Code
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do hope they've fixed it so time remaining works for ePub. That was broken.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Downloading now.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Well, from the update note it looks like the chapter progress is not hidden in the menu anymore. I'm not sure what they mean with the customized header and footer - isn't it already possible to do everything that's listed there? Hopefully what they've added is the ability to switch the information between header and footer.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like normal epubs load faster.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I'm not sure what they mean with the customized header and footer - isn't it already possible to do everything that's listed there?
I'd like to know that too. Anyway, I won't update until the patches are out.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #8
Gibbo
Guru

Header & Footer options has been moved to the top.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I'd like to know that too. Anyway, I won't update until the patches are out.
I updated my old H2O out of curiosity - normally I would wait for the patches as well, but it's not my main reader anymore, so... The chapter graph icon is now in the top menu to the right of the 'Aa' icon. The graph seems to be updating normally now, so that's one bug that's been fixed.

The Reading Settings page looks different now. It's still divided into pages, but there's a scrollbar now to the right of the screen, probably to make it more obvious (you can change page by swiping up/down and left/right). The header/footer information is now on the first page, and the wording has changed a bit, but the options available for header/footer are still the same. IMO they're changes made to make everything simpler/clearer for the average user.

I'm seeing some other minor graphic changes (in the Filter/Order menus), in general the My Books page looks better and navigation faster, at least on my old H2O.

Last edited by mathil; 12-11-2019 at 12:15 PM.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #10
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Yess! They fixed the removal of highlighting on the text page, when you delete it from the Annotations page.
In the previous release, when you thereafter returned to the text page, the highlight was still there. Not anymore ...
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Do you still have to go to Home or Collections page to turn off WiFi? (no WiFI button beside light)
Is there still no Home button, only Back?

I may try the FW on my three kobo models on Friday. I'm sort of busy right now.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I updated my old H2O out of curiosity - normally I would wait for the patches as well, but it's not my main reader anymore, so... The chapter graph icon is now in the top menu to the right of the 'Aa' icon. The graph seems to be updating normally now, so that's one bug that's been fixed.

The Reading Settings page looks different now. It's still divided into pages, but there's a scrollbar now to the right of the screen, probably to make it more obvious (you can change page by swiping up/down and left/right). The header/footer information is now on the first page, and the wording has changed a bit, but the options available for header/footer are still the same. IMO they're changes made to make everything simpler/clearer for the average user.

I'm seeing some other minor graphic changes (in the Filter/Order menus), in general the My Books page looks better and navigation faster, at least on my old H2O.
Thank you. It seems there is no major reason to update at all, for now.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Header & Footer options has been moved to the top.
Can ePub header/footer be configured to show time remaining?
Old 12-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #14
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
my Clara is arriving today. sounds as if I shouldn't update today, merely try patches until patches are released for this update version. am I thinking correctly?
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Thank you. It seems there is no major reason to update at all, for now.
If you read KePub, there's a major reason to update. The reading stats have been fixed.