Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #91
krishrong
krishrong began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Sorry for a foolish question..
I don't know how I can use the KevinShort (Frontlight control) plugin in this KSM9.

Could someone tell me, please?
krishrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #92
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishrong View Post
Sorry for a foolish question..
I don't know how I can use the KevinShort (Frontlight control) plugin in this KSM9.

Could someone tell me, please?
Switch fontlight on and off by selecting "front light on" and "front light off".
You can select the intensity of "front light on" by setting with "configure" the value of the key frontlightOnLevel in the section [general]. By default you can choose between 4, 10, 15, 20, 30. If you need more options you can add them to the file .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt. You have to use a unix style editor to edit this (and all other files, except html files) of KSM.

To see the entry "configure" you might have to toggle to the full menu few by pressing "toggle btw full and short menu".

Last edited by tshering; 02-11-2018 at 12:01 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #93
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Installing files with the help of KoboRoot.tgz

When installing something with the help of KoboRoot.tgz under KSM 09, there are two main options offered by default: "KR install uncontrolled" and "KR install controlled". By selecting "KR install uncontrolled" you agree that all files that are contained in KoboRoot.tgz are installed on your device. If the KoboRoot.tgz is part of a Kobo firmware update, this option will result in KSM beeing disabled. If the KoboRoot.tgz is provided by somebody else this may happen or not.
By selecting "KR install controlled" you agree that only those files of KoboRoot.tgz will be installed, that are unlikely to harm KSM. Which files will be excluded is defined by the list .adds\kbmenu_user\excludefiles\KR_install_controll ed.txt. The content of this file is currently as follows.
Spoiler:
Code:
./etc/init.d/rcS
./etc/udhcpc.d/default.script
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/ac
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/sd
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/usb
etc/init.d/rcS
etc/udhcpc.d/default.script
usr/local/Kobo/udev/ac
usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug
usr/local/Kobo/udev/sd
usr/local/Kobo/udev/usb

You can edit this list in accordance with your needs. Or you can write your own list. An example is the list .adds\kbmenu_user\excludefiles\KR_install_exclude_ selected_fonts.txt, which is not part of the package. For some reasons I have removed from one of my devices some of the onboard fonts, and do not want to have them reinstalled with each firmware update. This is the content of the list:
Spoiler:
Code:
./etc/init.d/rcS
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/ac
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/sd
./usr/local/Kobo/udev/usb
etc/init.d/rcS
usr/local/Kobo/udev/ac
usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug
usr/local/Kobo/udev/sd
usr/local/Kobo/udev/usb
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Avenir*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Amasis*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Caecilia*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/georgia*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KBJ-UDKakugoPr6N-M.ttf
./usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Avenir*
./usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Amasis*
./usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Caecilia*
./usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/georgia*
./usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KBJ-UDKakugoPr6N-M.ttf

Last edited by tshering; 02-11-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #94
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Tshering,

If I understand this correctly, when KOBO releases a new firmware update, I would need to then install it by selecting: KR Install Controlled

yes?
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #95
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook_nerd View Post
Tshering,

If I understand this correctly, when KOBO releases a new firmware update, I would need to then install it by selecting: KR Install Controlled

yes?
Yes, "install controlled" replaces the old "install partial update".
Advert
Old 02-17-2018, 05:55 AM   #96
fradav
fradav began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
Hello, the rotation bug seems to be solved with 001 update on my H2O. KSM appears to be more reactive and snappy, btw.

Many thanks

Envoyé de mon MI 5s en utilisant Tapatalk
fradav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #97
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
I used KBStartMenu_09_update_01_rotation_03 and I think it was called KA1 rotation patch to fix the orientation issue with my H20 Aura. Can I run the update_001 without any ill effects or how do I proceed?
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #98
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaxon View Post
I used KBStartMenu_09_update_01_rotation_03 and I think it was called KA1 rotation patch to fix the orientation issue with my H20 Aura. Can I run the update_001 without any ill effects or how do I proceed?
You can simply install update_001.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #99
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradav View Post
Hello, the rotation bug seems to be solved with 001 update on my H2O. KSM appears to be more reactive and snappy, btw.

Many thanks

Envoyé de mon MI 5s en utilisant Tapatalk
I am glad it works.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #100
Widders
Widders began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Nightmode toggle

So pleased to have this since I lost the KSM after an update to OS 4.17 on my Aura.

However, the Nightmode toggle doesn't toggle - can't generate the 'negative' screen via this mode. Some brilliant work in this latest KSM though so thanks.
Widders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #101
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widders View Post
So pleased to have this since I lost the KSM after an update to OS 4.17 on my Aura.

However, the Nightmode toggle doesn't toggle - can't generate the 'negative' screen via this mode. Some brilliant work in this latest KSM though so thanks.
Maybe you are using version of the night mode hack (there are several around) that does not work on your firmware. See this post.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #102
Widders

Kobo Nightmode

Quote:
https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode I used this one and it worked, I made sure to uninstall the older one. Thanks for KSM, great piece of software.
Mmm. Installed Build 13 which doesn't work.

?
Old 02-18-2018, 06:07 AM   #103
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Just curious as the google analytics thread is quite old and the link no longer works, is there a script in KSM 09 that would allow me to disable analytics?

Or is there an easier way built in kobo firmware to disable analytics?
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #104
Widders

Quote:
Just curious as the google analytics thread is quite old and the link no longer works, is there a script in KSM 09 that would allow me to disable analytics?

Or is there an easier way built in kobo firmware to disable analytics?

developer dbeinder does say that this nightmode can't be used on OS above 2.6.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #105
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widders View Post
Mmm. Installed Build 13 which doesn't work.

?
Did you set with "configure" nickelpreload="/root/screenInv.so" in the section [nickel]?