Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2018, 05:37 PM   #76
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
One issue I do have is nightmode is not working for me, I updated from KSM 8 to KSM 9 but could not uninstall as I could not get the fmon back to KSM.

So what is needed for me to get working nightmode again? it says nightmode.ini missing and I am pretty sure I do not have nightmode.sh

Pressing the nightmode picture does nothing in nickel even though exit to ksm works.

Last edited by Elaxon; 02-02-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:08 AM   #77
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
The fmon binary present in KBStartMenu_09.zip wasn't updated: it might be a good idea to do so ASAP, the MD5 sum should be 595bc41771a03f485d95060a083f85c7.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #78
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I've released fmon 0.3.1.

There was another critical bug that could be triggered simply by opening a watched file without the required number of thumbnails: the fmon process would then go into an infinite loop. This bug was present since 0.2.0!
Thank you!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #79
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaxon View Post
One issue I do have is nightmode is not working for me, I updated from KSM 8 to KSM 9 but could not uninstall as I could not get the fmon back to KSM.
Might have been a good idea to solve the fmon / ksmpngs problem before you updated to KSM 9. Apart from that, I do not see how fmon not working does prevent you from uninstalling KSM?
Since your seem to mention that fmon did not work for you under KSM 8, how did you toggle nightmode? Or did it not work under KSM 8, and you want to make it work now?
Do you have a version of nightmode installed that is supposed to work under your firmware and model?

Quote:
So what is needed for me to get working nightmode again? it says nightmode.ini missing
Did you have nightmode.ini at a certain point? When and how did you loose it?

The one point you did not mention is whether you took with "configure", that in the section [nickel], there is the line
Code:
nickelpreload="/root/screenInv.so"

Quote:
Pressing the nightmode picture does nothing in nickel even though exit to ksm works.
Do you mean the picture with the name "toogle_nightmode.png"? If you talking about "nightmode.png" this has nothing to do with KSM.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #80
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Might have been a good idea to solve the fmon / ksmpngs problem before you updated to KSM 9. Apart from that, I do not see how fmon not working does prevent you from uninstalling KSM?
Since your seem to mention that fmon did not work for you under KSM 8, how did you toggle nightmode? Or did it not work under KSM 8, and you want to make it work now?
Do you have a version of nightmode installed that is supposed to work under your firmware and model?

Did you have nightmode.ini at a certain point? When and how did you loose it?

The one point you did not mention is whether you took with "configure", that in the section [nickel], there is the line
Code:
nickelpreload="/root/screenInv.so"

Do you mean the picture with the name "toogle_nightmode.png"? If you talking about "nightmode.png" this has nothing to do with KSM.
Adding the nickepreload messes up my screen. 50% right of the screen becomes black while the rest is normal so it is impossible to see the right side. I had nightmode before but I deleted it prior to installing KSM 09. KSM 09 and fmon is working for me now but nightmode is the only issue. This is the one I installed, http://dbeinder.github.io/kobo-nightmode/ . I am not sure if it's outdated or which one to install. I believe I am on the latest firmware as I have not touched that.

I am also talking about the nightmode png included in KSM 09. I have also applied the rotation patch if that makes any difference as I had the rotation issue. H20 aura.
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #81
Elaxon
Zealot

Issue fixed

https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode I used this one and it worked, I made sure to uninstall the older one. Thanks for KSM, great piece of software.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:07 AM   #82
naut1lus
naut1lus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Yesterday, I have installed KSM09, together with Koreader, in a new Aura One (firmware 4.7.10413). It works fine.

Thanks a lot.

P.S.
I'm just wondering why I have copied folder kbmenupngs because I don't see any button with those .png in KSM09 GUI
naut1lus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #83
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by naut1lus View Post
P.S.
I'm just wondering why I have copied folder kbmenupngs because I don't see any button with those .png in KSM09 GUI
This png are for use within nickel only, for exit to ksm, poweroff device, return to koreader (if you use alternate nickel-koreader) or de/activate nightmode (if you have installed the nightmode patch).
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:14 PM   #84
u238110
Connoisseur
u238110 began at the beginning.

Device: Aura, N514KUBKKEP, 4.7.10.413
I just tried installing this on to a Kobo Aura (N514KUBKKEP, firmware 4.7.10.413). After copying the KoboRoot.tgz file to the device and ejecting, no update was initiated and my device is no different than it was before the attempted installation.
u238110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #85
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by u238110 View Post
[...]After copying the KoboRoot.tgz file to the device and ejecting, no update was initiated[...]
You have to copy it to the .kobo partition.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #86
u238110
Connoisseur

I did.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #87
HaoZeke
Enthusiast
HaoZeke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Sadly, with the Aura HD, I'm getting the screen rotated issue on koreader and plato. Basically, I guess this might be known already, but just for clarity, the screen is rotated 180 degrees, but the touch controls and inputs are still accepted in the regular orientation. making it nigh impossible to use.

EDIT:- The issue was seemingly fixed by updating to firmware 4.7.10413
However it's returned with a vengance on a reboot.

EDIT 2: After playing around it seems that on first boot, whatever I open has the right orientation. However, closing and reopening the program or any other causes the screen to be inverted again..

Last edited by HaoZeke; 02-06-2018 at 09:39 PM.
HaoZeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #88
u238110
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by u238110 View Post
I did.
I take that back! I had accidentally put it in the Kobo folder inside the .kobo folder!
Old 02-07-2018, 03:25 AM   #89
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoZeke View Post
Sadly, with the Aura HD, I'm getting the screen rotated issue on koreader and plato. Basically, I guess this might be known already, but just for clarity, the screen is rotated 180 degrees, but the touch controls and inputs are still accepted in the regular orientation. making it nigh impossible to use.

EDIT:- The issue was seemingly fixed by updating to firmware 4.7.10413
However it's returned with a vengance on a reboot.

EDIT 2: After playing around it seems that on first boot, whatever I open has the right orientation. However, closing and reopening the program or any other causes the screen to be inverted again..
Could you please try this test update package and report whether it solves the problem?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #90
tshering
Wizard

The first update for KSM 09 is available from the first post of this thread. Please read the instructions for updating.