Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 04:47 PM   #331
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Oxt dictionaries for Hyphenate this!

I could install the above polish dictionary in calibre hyphenation plugin. But when I tried to hyphenate a book I got a lookuperror: unknown encoding.

Look at this failur.log:
calibre 3.30 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 9, 0) && DeDRM (6, 6, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 9, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 21) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Annotations (1, 8, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 5, 0) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 9, 0) && KFX Input (1, 9, 0) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && BOL_DE (0, 7, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 4, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 118, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 92, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 165, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 89, in __init__
LookupError: unknown encoding:

Any idea whats going wrong here?

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-25-2018 at 05:06 PM. Reason: merged thread into relevant plugin thread
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:26 PM   #332
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
I could install the above polish dictionary in calibre hyphenation plugin. But when I tried to hyphenate a book I got a lookuperror: unknown encoding.

Look at this failur.log:
calibre 3.30 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
Python 2.7.12+
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 9, 0) && DeDRM (6, 6, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 9, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 21) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Annotations (1, 8, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 5, 0) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 9, 0) && KFX Input (1, 9, 0) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && BOL_DE (0, 7, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 4, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 118, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 92, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 165, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 89, in __init__

Any idea whats going wrong here?
It looks like there is no encoding specified in the eBook. Have a look in the Calibre editor to make sure the encoding i correctly specified.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #333
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jswolf
In the calibre editor the specified language is utf-8 in all the polish epubs I have. I don't know whats wrong or wright here. Anybody experienced that allready here?
an example:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

I think, the first line has to be changed to the working code, hasnt it? But which code is correct? No idea about that.
And the second line has to specify the language of the book pl. Is that correct?

If you need any further information to solve it, please let me know. Thanks.

Sorry, I am a bit confused. Never have thougt about things like that.

Perhaps anybody solved the problem with hyphenating polish epub, azw already. There must be somebody, who did that.

Last edited by famfam; 10-27-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #334
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Error:
Code:
...is related to encoding DIC file.

Use this file (UTF-8) and should be OK:
http://www.ushuaia.pl/hyphen/langfiles/hyph_pl_PL.zip
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #335
famfam
Connoisseur

@beckyEbook
Yes. That works perfectly. Problem solved. Thank you so much for the rescue.
Advert
Old 10-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #336
famfam
Connoisseur

italian dictionary hyphenate this

@Asterios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterios View Post
Hi, thank you a lot for this plugin! But I have a problem, even if I followed all the steps of the guide, and I've also installed the italian dictionary linked here, the plugin doesen't work.

Edit. Now work perfectly! Thank you again and sorry for the post
I could not find the above italian dictionary. Could not find the link here. The dictionary I found, does not work

How did you get the plugin working perfectly with your italian dictionary?
Old 10-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #337
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
How did you get the plugin working perfectly with your italian dictionary?
Get this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_it.dic.zip (1.0 KB, 241 views)
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 AM   #338
famfam
Connoisseur

@BeckyEbook
Yes, that dictionary works perpectly. Dziękuję bardzo. Mille grazie. Uratowałeś mnie już.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #339
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, I love this plugin but I can't seem to run more than one hyphenation job at the same time. Is this intended? I have nearly 1000 books but it's taking forever to do one at a time and I have 7 cores idling while 1 does all the work..
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #340
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
When I recently try to hyphenate german epubs, I always get this message:
Code:
calibre, version 3.36.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>LookupError</b>:unknown encoding: 230092

calibre 3.36  embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
Python 2.7.12+
Successfully initialized third party plugins: EpubCheck (0, 1, 5) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 0, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && KePub Output (3, 0, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Annotations (1, 8, 0)
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction", line 118, in hyphenate
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction", line 92, in _select_books
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenator", line 165, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenator", line 89, in __init__
LookupError: unknown encoding: 230092
I use to read as well french and english books, but the error occurs only at the german ones, despite of having used the plugin frequently without problems.
I have another computer (both are Win 10, 32 bit, recent version of Calibre) with (partially) the same books, but there everything works fine.

Edit: I just removed hyphenation from some older books, and tried to hyphenate them again, but the same error message (this time: LookupError: unknown encoding: 133379) occurs.

Last edited by Leonatus; 01-02-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #341
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Problem solved: I replaced the german dictionary by a newer one. Now the plugin works again; however, it takes a little more time that the plugin opens than before. Nevertheless:
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #342
Ted Friesen
Nameless Being

Hyphenate This! breaks epub search

First let me thank you for the wonderful plugin. It does exactly what I was hoping for. Unfortunately it also breaks the ability to search for those words that "presumably" now include * or at least have been modified by the plugin, as now they all show up as misspelled. Fortunately you also included the ability to remove the hyphens--thanks for that.

My frame of reference is your plugin on Calibre 64 bit Version 3.38.1 editing an epub format.

Is there any way to see just where the breakpoints have been inserted? I tried to search for * to no avail.

Ted
Old 01-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #343
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The soft-hyphen inserted is does not display unless it is actually at the end of the line. You can detect it in the editor by clicking in the word. The character before the cursor is shown in the status area at the bottom-right of the editor window. Moving the cursor with the arrow will let you see where the soft-hyphen is.

You can search for the soft-hyphen character. You need to get one into the search bar. Either find one by the above and select it (shift-left arrow) or use the Insert special character dialog.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #344
Terrymonkey
Terrymonkey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi there I am having trouble using latin.dic in hyphenate this. I followed the links in the plugin to get the libre office dictionary but when I use it I get an error message, with the details below.
I read on this forum one user with an italian dictionary said he extracted it and added just one file to the plugin, and it worked, but I can't seem to extract any file other than the main one.
I would really appreciate some help,
yoursd
Robin

calibre, version 3.40.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:max() arg is an empty sequence

calibre 3.40.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
Python 2.7.15+
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 28, 0) && KFX Output (1, 28, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 109, in __init__
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

max () arg is an empty source
Terrymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #345
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Try to rename the *.oxt file into *.zip file and then extract the hyph*.dic file and use it. It should work.
oxt files are zipped files used by libreoffice/openoffice for their extensions. Not always works the oxt file with the plugin but always should work the hyph*.dic file.

Last edited by ps67; 03-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces