Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #256
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Strange. I just installed the latest version from google market yesterday and everything works as expected, even word completition. You can enable/disable word completition in settings, though.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #257
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
Hmm, when I try to download from the market. The apk downloads, but I get a message "Didn't install!" (The installed version ist 20111128)
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #258
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
Ok, I deinstalled the old version and installed the new version from the developer`s site and now it works!
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #259
oliwek
oliwek began at the beginning.

Device: Asus TF101, Nexus S, PRS-T1, eee-pc 701, IBM X41 (ubuntu)
update before (or after) rooting ?

Hello, can someone confirm the rooting method works with the Sony updated to last "firmware", that is 1.0.3.1140 ? Mine is still with stock firmware (1.0.0.9270), and I wonder if it's better to update before rooting, or on the contrary if an official update might cause issues for rooting (the russian site says packages are for firmware 1.0.0 to 1.0.2, not 1.0.3xxxx).
I read that 1.0.3 might solve flickering issues (when the screen refreshes), any comment about this?

thank you

edit : the russian forum did update its tutorial, and says now firmware 1.03 is supported, perfect

Last edited by oliwek; 01-09-2012 at 09:51 AM.
oliwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #260
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliwek View Post
Hello, can someone confirm the rooting method works with the Sony updated to last "firmware", that is 1.0.3.1140 ? Mine is still with stock firmware (1.0.0.9270), and I wonder if it's better to update before rooting, or on the contrary if an official update might cause issues for rooting (the russian site says packages are for firmware 1.0.0 to 1.0.2, not 1.0.3xxxx).
I updated to 1.0.3.1140 firmware the day I got my T1, and rooted it a couple of days later. No problems whatsoever doing it in that order.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #261
oliwek

ah, thank you Simon
Did you notice any improvement after the update ? (less black flickering when the screen refreshes, especially on the browser)
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #262
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I think the browser has now a smoother refresh, but not less flickering. I'm not quite sure if the browser's refresh has always been smoother than the reader's. However, there still is a lot of unnecessary double refreshing on many websites.
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #263
oliwek

Well, I'm now on firmware 1.3... rooted. Many surprising things or things to get used to. The browser is now by default in landscape orientation (it was in portrait mode), with a new homescreen... I should have thought to save my favorites
"SonyPrsT1Home" alternate homescreen is already better than the original one, for people beginning several books simultanously. Thank you Gustav and Simon for your replies. I have internet connection behind a proxy where I sit right now, so I can't use it for the eReader
(a problem with many android devices, you have to install something as "transproxy" to connect with a proxy, shame on google for this)
edit : Transproxy can't be installed (probably because of the lack of iptables on this minimal version of android)

Last edited by oliwek; 01-09-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #264
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliwek View Post
ah, thank you Simon
Did you notice any improvement after the update ? (less black flickering when the screen refreshes, especially on the browser)
I literally updated as soon as I got it, so I can't answer your question .

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #265
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Ebookdroid 1.3

Ebookdroid 1.3 has been released, here is the procedure to install it on the prs-t1:

1. Uninstall Ebookdroid 1.2.2
2. Extract the 1.3 apk package and set aside the file lib/armeabi/libebookdroid.so.
3. Create the folder /data/data/org.ebookdroid/lib
4. Copy libebookdroid.so to /data/data/org.ebookdroid/lib
5. Copy the original .apk file to /data/app
6. Reboot the device

Thanks to porkupan.

Update: Ebookdroid version 1.3.1 seems to install correctly straight from the apk. No need to follow the above steps.

Last edited by darseno; 01-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #266
montygew
montygew began at the beginning.

Hi for anyone having the problem "Script did not complete" press any key to continue . or asking to enter a drive letter, for me right clicking on the "READER" drive and selecting FORMAT cured the problem & enabled me to carry out the Hack. Before i formatted i transferred the SONY folder which has all my books in, to the PC as formatting removes ALL files from the READER drive.

Last edited by montygew; 01-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
montygew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #267
rubentje1991
Enthusiast
rubentje1991 began at the beginning.

Arrow Contacts working !

I followed the hack mentioned in the wiki on my PRS-T1 (that I got yesterday ); but there was no Contacts.apk in the gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed package

But I did install the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk from that package (system/app) - and all the other packages mentioned in the wiki (including the market with first googleservicesframework and then vending2.2.11-signed.apk)
=> also GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter, and the other apk-things I already forgot (mentioned in wiki, thanks - it was pretty easy with that help)

When typing something, the names of my contacts were already visible in autosuggest (syncing in background of contacts was enabled in Settings >> Accounts & Synchronization => please do this as well - I think best before installing the contacts.apk)...

Then, the only thing left was finding a good Contacts.apk, one that has a compatible version with the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk...
I found following websites:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...tacts-apk.html
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...tml#post149149

There, the right version is posted; there is one Minus-link hosted by someone there:
http://min.us/lbxD2a64BxhVxz
=> download the Contacts_2.2.zip, and get the apk out of it

or just install the .apk from my dropbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14430110/Contacts.apk
or right from your device (shorter link): http://goo.gl/daaVy (case sensitive!)

Can't post a screenshot (haven't tested that one out), but it's working here; I've already sent an email by selecting the person in my contacts, and using the email address to type my message

I hope this helps someone

Last edited by rubentje1991; 01-14-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: case-sensitive at goo.gl shorter link
rubentje1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #268
Foddy
Foddy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubentje1991 View Post
I hope this helps someone
Indeed it helped me.
That was exactly what I was looking for.

Maybe someone can tell me how to sync with my companies exchange server.
I can only add google accounts.
Foddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #269
rubentje1991
Enthusiast
rubentje1991 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddy View Post
Indeed it helped me.
That was exactly what I was looking for.

Maybe someone can tell me how to sync with my companies exchange server.
I can only add google accounts.
I can't test it (don't have any exchange mail)....
But maybe this helps:
http://emds.unt.edu/android2.2email
=> if you're trying this, where does it go wrong? of what is not possible? (or maybe the app itself isn't available for you)
=> it doesn't work with the gmail-app, you need the mail-app (is that your problem? )
rubentje1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #270
Foddy
Foddy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubentje1991 View Post
=> it doesn't work with the gmail-app, you need the mail-app (is that your problem? )
Thanks,
it seems that this was one of my problems.
I thought that one could set an exchange account with "Accounts and Synchronisation". As I only want to sync calendar and contacts I didn't thought of the mail program.

Now I got the default mail program - but it still doesn't seem to work. But this may be a problem with me being behind a proxy server or with the exchange server itself.

Investigation goes on
Foddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony