Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #331
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.137 Scrub Tags/Tag-Like Columns: New Rules Table: Tag Splitting Rules

Version 1.0.137 - 2018-10-19 Scrub Tags/Tag-Like Columns: New Rules Table: Tag Splitting Rules

Revised resources found in .../calibre/config/plugins/job_spy/resources have been revised and are attached. The .xlsx file and its .ods equivalent are zipped since MobileRead does not allow those file extensions to be uploaded.

See a prior post about the other rules tables.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=21

DaltonST
Attached Files
File Type: zip resources.zip (83.5 KB, 154 views)
File Type: txt _js_tag_splitting_rules.txt (194 Bytes, 182 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-20-2018 at 09:44 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #332
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi there,

Not sure if this has been implemented yet, but is there anyway you can add a feature that would save the selected job details to the clipboard for copying to a doc file?

I often find that the job details include info that I would like to keep.

Other than that, this is a great plugin! Thank you so much!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #333
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It already does that.

Hard way: Right-click the JS job details window, click "select all", click "copy", and then paste it wherever you wish.

Easy way: Click the "copy to clipboard" button in the bottom right of the window, then paste it wherever you wish.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-26-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: more.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #334
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is the purpose of this tool ==>> "Add "Null" to Custom Columns ... .

I was hoping it might be a way to get empty columns to appear in the Book Details windows (on the right/bottom of main window, and/or via 'I')

Couldn't see a tooltip for it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:21 PM   #335
DaltonST
Deviser

JS Customizing for Null Values

See the attached image with ToolTips from JS Customizing for Null Values.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_null_values_tool.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	642.5 KB
ID:	167272  
Advert
Old 10-28-2018, 07:12 PM   #336
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - you might want to attach that image to post #173

IMO the configuration window needs partitioning. Collapsible sections would allow users to hide the sections they don't use. I think its doable in Qt, the Sigil Find/Replace panel has an 'advanced' section that can be hidden.

BR
Old 10-30-2018, 04:31 AM   #337
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I can't turn the Tweak for Per-Library: 'Save Cover Separately': setting off and get it to stay off

Here I set it off

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	167297

A minute later its back on

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	167298

And now I get this whenever I start/restart calibre

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	167299

I'm not sure how it got turned on, I guess it must have been me. I wanted to try out the NULL values in empty columns.

I rarely use Save to Disk, and I would never ever want to save a cover separately, I don't even have cover's in my ePubs - I zap 'em with Modify

BR
Old 10-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #338
DaltonST
Deviser

Very odd.

For now, just manually modify file Job Spy.json for that setting, which is:

Code:
prefs['GUI_TOOLS_ACTIVATE_TWEAK_SAVE_COVER_SEPARATELY_BY_LIBRARY'] = unicode("False")
You could also temporarily add 'job_spy_save_cover_separately' = {} to tweaks, which is what the message is about. It will not do anything except turn off the warning message until the Activation in JS Customizing is turned-off. Afterwards, delete the 'job_spy_save_cover_separately' = {}, and restart.

Added:

Timing is everything.

The Tweak in Preferences and the Activation in JS Customizing are connected and validated at Calibre Startup.

The error message appears if you delete the Tweak from Preferences and then restart while the Activation in JS Customizing is "turned on".

To Activate a Tweak: Add the Tweak in Preferences, save, then restart. Then, Activate in JS Customizing. Save. Restart.

To Deactivate a Tweak: Deactivate it in JS Customizing. Save. Restart. Delete the Tweak in Preferences. Save. Restart.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-30-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: timing
Old 10-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #339
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Very odd.

For now, just manually modify file Job Spy.json for that setting, which is:

Code:
prefs['GUI_TOOLS_ACTIVATE_TWEAK_SAVE_COVER_SEPARATELY_BY_LIBRARY'] = unicode("False")
Thanks - that's squelched the error msg pop-up.

BR
Old 11-11-2018, 06:36 AM   #340
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
I am playing around with shortcuts to find best settings for me. And till they are well known to me now, I use your "list active shortcut".
Thanks a lot for that. Very helpful and nice handling.

But I wonder why inactive shortcuts are shown as well.
Maybe not all but at least some
e.g. add books: although I adjust it, the list shows both i.e. my setting and the anactive "A", same for Virtual Library and some others.

And more confusing when I use the Standard shortcut for something different. In that case it is shown twice in the list.
e.g. I use Ctrl+D to open View Manager for Default view and not for Downloading Metadata. That works well but list shows both.

Could you please have a look nto this.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #341
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Katja_hbg - I use kb shorts extensively.

I can't see the situation you describe, have a look in the attachment (csv in a zip)

BR
Attached Files
File Type: zip new 1.zip (1.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 11-12-2018, 01:43 AM   #342
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Katja_hbg - I use kb shorts extensively.

I can't see the situation you describe, have a look in the attachment (csv in a zip)

BR
I have attached mine to show
a) inactive A but in the list
b) double Ctrl+D
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre - Einstellungen - Tastenkombinationen.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	167649   Click image for larger version

Name:	JS+ GUI Tool_  Active Keyboard Shortcut Assignments.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	167650  
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:12 AM   #343
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
I have attached mine to show
a) inactive A but in the list
b) double Ctrl+D
Hmmm - I see what you mean - I needed to get the right sort sequence

I seems to report like this: if you replace a Default sequence with a Custom sequence (e.g. 'A' with 'Ctrl+Alt+H' for Add Books) and you don't use the Default sequence (i.e. 'A') for something else, then 'A' and 'Ctrl+Alt+H' are reported as the Default and Custom sequence for Add Books respectively. But of course 'A' doesn't do anything.

And the Custom sequences are listed as Miscellaneous, e.g. my use of 'M' for Metadata Edit and 'E' for Edit Book:

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	167651

It may be better if the the Default sequence was shown in a separate column rather than a separate row.

Added ; I also note that some sequences are reported as Shift+Ctrl+? and others as Ctrl+Shift+?; also Shift+Alt+? and Alt+Shift+?

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	167652

I assume that's the way they are stored Ψ²

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-14-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #344
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Will this work

Will this work? Im not too sure how to configure the gui with this info as well as the tweaks.
'job_spy_default_output_format'={'0.MobiPrimary':' MOBI','0.MobiPrimary2':'MOBI','RL1221':'MOBI','RL1 974':'MOBI'}

'job_spy_save_to_directory'={'RL1221':'C:/Users/MyPC/emailtokindle/1221','RL1974':'C:/Users/MyPC/RL1974','0.MobiPrimary':'C:/Users/MyPC/emailtokindle/to send','0.MobiPrimary2':'C:/Users/MyPC/emailtokindle/to send'}

'job_spy_save_to_template'={'RL1221':'{author_sort }-{series}{series_index:| -|- }-{title}','RL1974':'{author_sort}-{series}{series_index:| -|- }-{title}','0.MobiPrimary':'{author_sort}-{series}{series_index:| -|- }-{title}','0.MobiPrimary2':'{author_sort}-{series}{series_index:| -|- }-{title}'}

My goal is to save MOBI to disk in a single directory, in the above template to the folders that I matched to each Calibre library. In every other Library the default output is Epub with the default Calibre template.

Calibre requires that the save to disk in single folder be the same default output format or else I have to choose the format being saved (a hassle).

Inside those libraries listed above the default format is mobi and the default save to disk is single file in single directory and in the plugin style listed.
In every library outside those listed above the default output is EPUB and I don't save to disk.

I have been unsure how to configure this in the gui and in the tweaks. If you are able to check out what I have listed and let me know how to enter it in the gui (if it is done correctly) I would appreciate it since I keep getting errors when I do it.

Thanks for you help!

PS. Any chance you could add the additional save to disk in single file in single folder option per library because I think this is preventing me from using the template. I use folders and sub-folders everywhere else, but in those libraries listed above I just send the file to Kindle I need only the file in a single directory in the template above because it has more fields listed.

I use “Send to Kindle” the mobi files and I have two Kindle accounts so keeping track of which file was sent to which account means keeping two folders if the books are not sent to both libraries.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #345
DaltonST
Deviser

The JS Tweaks simply dynamically change the Standard Calibre Preferences for individual Libraries.

Your question is not really about JS, but rather about what flexibility there is in Standard Calibre Preferences.

JS just automates the changing of the Calibre Preferences whenever the Library changes so that you don't have to constantly change the Calibre Preferences manually.

What Calibre actually does with its own Preferences is up to Calibre.

DaltonST

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools