Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #46
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Thanks for helping with the translations.

The list of roles are from the MARC relator list at http://www.loc.gov/marc/relators/ which is the complete list referenced by the EPUB spec (2.2.6).

It does have some odd entries in the list. And its possible some are missing. I should probably review the list and add any missing ones, as the intent is to support the full set of metadata from the EPUB spec.

The list of languages is also quite long, but again its what was in the code and is actually incomplete and needs expanding as well.

The list of entries has been in the code for a while, but its only now that I've exposed them for translation that you are seeing them. We knew it would be a lot of work to translate, and can understand if you don't want to translate everything. But we are trying to ensure everything can be translated. Anything that is not translated will just default to English.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #47
Griffel
Griffel began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Meme,

Thanks for this clarifications!

I like well designed standards ...

Eckhard
Griffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #48
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'm having the hardest time with the legal terms (complainant, libelee-appellee, etc.), which I suspect don't have a direct translation in many languages, since they are dependent on the legal system of each country. I believe it was a mistake to include these in the standard.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #49
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffel View Post
To make my theme more clear, please have a look to a screenshot I took from the translation program "Qt Linguist": Screenshot of "Qt Linguist"
ok, maybe there is some relevance to books for some of them. But many of them will fit into a movie as well.

You're probably right with your estimation, that nobody really uses/needs them.

So is it hard to decide, just so skip them ???
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #50
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess any one of them might be used if there is an ebook about a movie, an exhibition, a legal case, etc. and if the ebook creator wants to be exhaustive.

I have created some ebooks with illustrations that were originally etchings or engravings, and the etcher or engraver is known (and different from the artist who designed the illustrations), in some cases the illustrations are actually signed by the engraver. I could have added the names is the metadata, but I only added the "illustrator". The fact that I didn't do it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be possible to do it.
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #51
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
In regard to the metadata elements. Remember EPUB is short for electronic publication. While primarily used to produce books it is designed to be a flexible system for publishing things other than books. Hence the inclusion of audio and video in EPUB 3.

In an EPUB 3 document especially it makes sense to have things like "woodcutter" when the document contains a video with a woodcutter in it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #52
windrose
windrose began at the beginning.

Device: none
folder names should not be translated

Just installed sigil 0.5.3 and noticed the translation of the user interface. I think it great and thank all the effort of every translator.

However, I also notice that the folder names inside a epub are also translated into different languages which I don't think it proper. To make it clear, I mean the folder names showing in the book browser pane which are Text, Styles, Images, Fonts and Misc. Users will be confused when they try to refer to the folder names because they are kept unchanged in the epub file but showed differently in sigil.

Let me make an example. In Czech language, Styles will be showed as Styly. If I refer to a file, say, style.css in that folder, should I use Styles/style.css or Styly/style.css ? This is very confusing.

So I suggest keep the folder names intact among different translations. As a workaround, what I do now is to delete the localized translation which is Chinese and stay with English interface.
windrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #53
dimitris
dimitris began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Orizon
Smile

Hello,

I created a Greek user interface software (Sigil). I will upload the file to transifex (The file is uploaded here too).

There is an available short guide to the Greek language software here…

http://www.labschool.eu/lab-software...itor-epub.html
dimitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #54
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #55
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

What does "tokenise sequence" do? I'd like to know it to find the best translation. Does it just escape special characters? i.e. does it attempt to find the original input (if unmodified afterwards) as a literal string, but with the regexp engine?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #56
meme
Sigil developer

It changes multiple spaces to \s + and numbers to \d+
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #57
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
What does "tokenise sequence" do? I'd like to know it to find the best translation. Does it just escape special characters? i.e. does it attempt to find the original input (if unmodified afterwards) as a literal string, but with the regexp engine?
To expand on meme's reply as it is a little bit complicated

If you have the Auto-tokenise option on, then it means when you hit Ctrl+F on some text it will:
- Escape any regex characters in the selection, such as periods, parentheses, brackets etc
- Runs a regex replacement of ([\n\s]{2,}) with \s+ to ensure two or more spaces/newlines get substituted with \s+. This is to handle some of the funkiness of the Sigil/Qt editor, where it puts a unicode newline and spaces in as part of the Pretty Print operation. This is handy when you are doing multiline regex to save you typing \s+ in between all the time.

If you choose the "Tokenise selection" context menu option, then it will do the same as above (escape and tokenise spaces), but add a regex find/replace of (\d+) with \d+ in order to replace any numbers in the Find text. This is not done in the "auto tokenise" because it is something you are less likely to do. And it works on your selection in the Find box (the whole text if you have no selection) so if you want to keep a numerical style name intact but substituting for a numerical id you can do so.

Note the next 0.5.907 build adds a slight tweak to Tokenise Selection so that it does not escape the text if it sees a \ in there. This is to allow you to repeatedly apply (or do a Tokenise Selection to do just the numbers while having Auto Tokenise on) without ending up with double escaped \\s+ etc.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #58
meme
Sigil developer

Things are always changing in this beta

By the way, thanks to all the translators trying to keep up with all the text changes we've been making. Apologies for so many during the beta but so many things to improve. After the next beta it should be fairly static in preparation for release.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #59
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Thanks to to the developers for improving Sigil, I may actually use it some day
Old 10-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #60
meme
Sigil developer

With the final version of 0.6.0 less than a week away, the text needing translation is effectively complete. Hopefully the translators can work on any remaining updates in time for the release.