Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #316
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you for the informatinon. Since you did not mention anything, I supposed the updated touch driver solved the touch problem. But on the Koreader thread I read that the problem persists in KSM.
I just compared the pertinent reports, and I have a problem understanding what actually is the issue.
Sorry about this; i'm trying to solve issues for KSM, KOReader, and vlasovsoft at the same time, and on an average of 4h sleep a night.
(I am also still trying to write vlasovsoft correctly at first try)

For KSM the issue with the 2018-06-08 driver,is that touch is 180° turned (visuals is correct)

KOReader, when started through KSM, has its' visuals turned 180°, and touch is upside down, relative to that.

vlasovsoft, when started through KSM, works as intended.

Quote:
The first description does not agree with the second and third. Which one is correct? Or do they refer to different versions of the touch driver?
The first I did not have ksmrotate=2 and mrotate=270, the other 2 i did.

Quote:
Do you have currently the latest version of libKoboTS_h2o2.so in adds/kbmenu/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers?
I have the version from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=489
(2018.06.08)

Quote:
Could you do the following? (With the latest touch driver):
  • exit nickel
  • press "kill KSM"
  • execute
    Code:
    export ksmrotate=0 mrotation=90; $ksmroot/kobomenu.sh "a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z"
  • touch the screen; when you select one of the options (not the buttons on the bottom) you should see the selected item (letter a-Z) in the output field of the webinterface (at this point you would have to execute the command newly in order to repeat the test); when you press one of the buttons, the list of options should move accordingly.

What exactly did you do?

I tried to do this multiple times, but the WiFi seems to either cut out, or it's because I kill KSM, but after that I can't connect anymore to the web interface.

EDIT: I managed to get it to work once, the screen went white, when i touched it, it half updated, showing the normal KSM, 180° turned.
Touch interface matches the visuals, so also 180° turned.

Last edited by CH23; 06-09-2018 at 06:23 PM.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #317
dash.
dash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo H2O

please ignore this post...
I missed a few steps in the "HowTo" from 1st post.

Last edited by dash.; 06-09-2018 at 06:26 PM.
dash. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #318
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I tried setting ksmrotate=0 and mrotation=90 in ksmhome.sh, and now it's all right.

visuals are in correct orientation, and touch matches.

same for KOReader now.

Last edited by CH23; 06-09-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #319
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
So I tried setting ksmrotate=0 and mrotation=90 in ksmhome.sh, and now it's all right.

visuals are in correct orientation, and touch matches.

same for KOReader now.
Thank you for testing. I am relieved that it works somehow. I try to post tomorrow an update, I am to tired now to work concentrated. I think with the updated version, wifi will also work. usbnet will still not work, I will later need your help to that.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #320
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you for testing. I am relieved that it works somehow. I try to post tomorrow an update, I am to tired now to work concentrated. I think with the updated version, wifi will also work. usbnet will still not work, I will later need your help to that.
same here, it feels good that I can now move over from my Glo HD to my Clara, having it 'fully' functional.

I'll be happy to help!

gonna go to bed myself as well now.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #321
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tshering: Random braindump on the USBNet front, if that can be of assistance.

I do mean random, and, err, braindump, as I don't have the device, nor another similar device on which to test the new gadget dependency graph...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-10-2018 at 07:50 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:16 AM   #322
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tshering: Random braindump on the USBNet from, if that can be of assistance.

I do mean random, and, err, braindump, as I don't have the device, nor another similar device on which to test the new gadget dependency graph...
Thank you for this. I prepared something very similar, however without having real knowledge about the basics of the stuff... Now I feel a bit more confident that it might work.

Spoiler:
Code:
### toggle on
  if [ $CPU == mx6sll ] || [ $CPU == mx6ull ]; then
    /sbin/insmod $driver_root/configfs.ko
    /sbin/insmod $driver_root/libcomposite.ko
  else
    /sbin/insmod $driver_root/arcotg_udc.ko
  fi
  insmod $driver_root/g_ether.ko host_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:eb dev_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:ec
  ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.101
Old 06-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #323
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It of course would be so much simpler if they shipped a depmod and we could simply modprobe it, but, oh, well .

And now that I'm writing that, I get the urge to double-check... I think I remember modprobe being fubar, but depmod? Hmm...

EDIT: Yep, also insmod or whatever in disguise... Will try building one, FOR SCIENCE!

EDIT²: Yup, definitely better:

Code:
env PLATFORM="mx50-ntx" ./busybox depmod -n | ./depmod_process.sh | sort
alias sdio:c*v02D0d0000* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d0492* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d0493* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d4319* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d4329* dhd
alias sdio:c00v*d* dhd
alias symbol:usb_gadget_register_driver arcotg_udc
alias symbol:usb_gadget_unregister_driver arcotg_udc
misc/lowmem.ko: 
usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko: 
usb/gadget/g_ether.ko: usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko: usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
wifi/dhd.ko: 
wifi/sdio_wifi_pwr.ko:
EDIT^3: Binary & patch attached.

EDIT^4: This is purely to compute the depgraph (hence the -n flag, meaning dry-run), don't let this actually generate modsym/modver/modalias stuff!
Because yeah, I enabled *all* modutils. One safe thing to try is the prettier lsmod, though.
Attached Files
File Type: gz busybox-1.28.4-kobo-depmod.tar.gz (118.8 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-10-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #324
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
What did you do?
I added the following lines to kmshome.sh:

Code:
case $PRODUCT in
   snow|nova)
   export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h202
   ;;
Code:
if [ "$PRODUCT" == "nova" ]; then
   mrotation=90
   enablerotaion=false
fi
Old 06-11-2018, 04:17 AM   #325
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It of course would be so much simpler if they shipped a depmod and we could simply modprobe it, but, oh, well .

And now that I'm writing that, I get the urge to double-check... I think I remember modprobe being fubar, but depmod? Hmm...

EDIT: Yep, also insmod or whatever in disguise... Will try building one, FOR SCIENCE!

EDIT²: Yup, definitely better:

Code:
env PLATFORM="mx50-ntx" ./busybox depmod -n | ./depmod_process.sh | sort
alias sdio:c*v02D0d0000* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d0492* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d0493* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d4319* dhd
alias sdio:c*v02D0d4329* dhd
alias sdio:c00v*d* dhd
alias symbol:usb_gadget_register_driver arcotg_udc
alias symbol:usb_gadget_unregister_driver arcotg_udc
misc/lowmem.ko: 
usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko: 
usb/gadget/g_ether.ko: usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko: usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
wifi/dhd.ko: 
wifi/sdio_wifi_pwr.ko:
EDIT^3: Binary & patch attached.

EDIT^4: This is purely to compute the depgraph (hence the -n flag, meaning dry-run), don't let this actually generate modsym/modver/modalias stuff!
Because yeah, I enabled *all* modutils. One safe thing to try is the prettier lsmod, though.
Thank you, this looks really useful.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:25 AM   #326
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
I added the following lines to kmshome.sh:

Code:
case $PRODUCT in
   snow|nova)
   export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h202
   ;;
Code:
if [ "$PRODUCT" == "nova" ]; then
   mrotation=90
   enablerotaion=false
fi
Thank you for your response. Actually I was interested in the earlier changes to understand the problem better. But since touch is working, there is no need of this.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:31 AM   #327
tshering
Wizard

uninstall, deactivate, disable, etc. KSM

How to uninstall KSM
  • select in KSM "tools" > "ksm diverse.msh" > "del KSM.sh" > "delete ksm"
  • the device will restart with nickel running
  • delete the folder kbmenupngs and .adds/kbmenu_user if you you like
How to disable KSM temporarily/intermittently or permanently
  • select "tools" > "activate" > "set runmenu settings.msh"
  • there you can choose between "always", "once", "never", "alternateNickel", "alternateMenu" ("always" means "run KSM always", "never" means "run KSM never")
You can change this setting also manually by editing .adds/kbmenu_user/runsettings.txt

Another way to disable KSM temporarily
  • rename the folder .adds/kbmenu_user to .adds/kbmenu_user_disabled (or to any othere name)

Be aware that a Kobo firmware update, when installed uncontrolled by KSM, overwrites certain files needed by KSM. This causes KSM to be disabled. To enable it again install the restore package from the first post.

Last edited by tshering; 03-31-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:20 AM   #328
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Thanks and congrats for your work!

Do Clara HD & H2O2 v2 use the same CPU and have difficulty running KSM for the same reason? Will a fix for Clara make KSM also work for H2H2v2?
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #329
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@datanoise: From what I've seen on KOReader, they indeed look very similar . (And that's a good news, because these inconsistencies between models were kind of crazy ).

The only thing KSM might have to care about that KOReader doesn't is rotation, so, if that matches too, that's a resounding yes, I suppose.

No news about the AuraSEr2 though...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-11-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #330
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Thanks!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote