Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2016, 07:44 AM   #31
Tremo
Tremo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo: Aura HD, Aura One
I am using your patches on my Aura HD for several years. Thank you for a great job.
I purchased Aura One, and I began to patching FW 4.2.8110.
Unfortunately, I recorded earlier version 3.19.5761 Aura One by mistake. Is there any way to fix the reader?
Tremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:57 AM   #32
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It happened to me once, I used KSM, connect my device to PC, and load the correct patch.

Last edited by oren64; 12-25-2016 at 02:07 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2016, 08:04 AM   #33
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I think if you manually reinstall the basic fw 4.2.8110 onto your AuraOne you can start again with the correct patches.

You can download a fresh copy of fw 4.2.8110 from this post

If you've never done a manual firmware install before the instructions are in this post.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #34
Tremo

Thank you all for your suggestions, but the reader will not boot and PC not recognize it. KSM therefore can not record.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #35
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It only work if you install KSM before, do you have KSM on your device?

In Kobo Aura 1 you don't have SD card, so you can't copy a new image.
Your device is not booting (brick), I am suggesting to open a new thread in the Kobo main forum maybe other people can help you.

Last edited by oren64; 12-25-2016 at 09:57 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #36
Tremo

KSM is not in the reader. I'll try dealer.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #37
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremo View Post
I purchased Aura One, and I began to patching FW 4.2.8110.
Unfortunately, I recorded earlier version 3.19.5761 Aura One by mistake. Is there any way to fix the reader?
You should be able to perform a manual factory reset of the Aura One and start over, others have done that after accidentally patching with the wrong firmware version on other devices.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:07 AM   #38
Tremo

Great! The reader is already working also with the right patch. Thank you very much for your help.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #39
mimbel
mimbel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
I patched successfully my kobo Glo ! Thank you GeoffR

Envoyé de mon ONE A2005
mimbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #40
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
After upgrading my Kobo Glo to Fw 4.2.8110, I'm facing a strange problem. I use the Screen Refresh Patch set at 128 pages, but I get a full screen refresh at 3rd page turn. I have tried various combinations, eg., 128, 64, 32 etc., but still I get the refresh at 3rd page turn every time.

Any help please?

PS: I have used the similar patch before, without any problem with earlier firmwares.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #41
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
After upgrading my Kobo Glo to Fw 4.2.8110, I'm facing a strange problem. I use the Screen Refresh Patch set at 128 pages, but I get a full screen refresh at 3rd page turn. I have tried various combinations, eg., 128, 64, 32 etc., but still I get the refresh at 3rd page turn every time.

Any help please?

PS: I have used the similar patch before, without any problem with earlier firmwares.
Which firmware version did you upgrade from?

I am still running 3.19.5761 on my Glo, so I can't try these things out for myself:

Did the patch work in version 4.1.7729?
Does the problem still occur if you set the page refresh to 4?
Does the other version of the patch with options 1,2,3,...,12 still work when values above 6 are selected?

Edit: If the `Custom page refresh options (1,2,3,...,12)` patch still works, you can try to change the 12 to a higher number to increase the range of options. It is just that the menus become very long and you mught have to scroll down a couple of pages to get to the value you want to select.

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-29-2016 at 04:28 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #42
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Which firmware version did you upgrade from?

I am still running 3.19.5761 on my Glo, so I can't try these things out for myself:
I upgraded directly from 3.19.5761 to 4.2.8110.

Quote:
Did the patch work in version 4.1.7729?
I never used the FW 4.1.7729. I used the 128 page refresh patch in 3.19.5761 for a long time, and never experienced any trouble.

Quote:
Does the problem still occur if you set the page refresh to 4?
The problem still occurs even if I set the value at 4, 2 or 1 page. I get a full refresh at 3rd page turn only.

Quote:
Does the other version of the patch with options 1,2,3,...,12 still work when values above 6 are selected?

Edit: If the `Custom page refresh options (1,2,3,...,12)` patch still works, you can try to change the 12 to a higher number to increase the range of options. It is just that the menus become very long and you mught have to scroll down a couple of pages to get to the value you want to select.
I never tried this version of the patch. I'll try this patch and report the outcome soon.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:54 AM   #43
drjd
The Couch Potato

Quote:
I never tried this version of the patch. I'll try this patch and report the outcome soon.
Update : It worked!

I used this patch and it is working with all the options from 1 to 12 pages. Thanks GeoffR! After all, an annoying page refresh after 12 page turns is better than the maddening refresh after every 3 page turns.

BTW, how can I increase the page count in this patch? I don't mind the long list of menus however.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:09 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Update : It worked!

I used this patch and it is working with all the options from 1 to 12 pages. Thanks GeoffR! After all, an annoying page refresh after 12 page turns is better than the maddening refresh after every 3 page turns.

BTW, how can I increase the page count in this patch? I don't mind the long list of menus however.
This is one where you don't really need a patch. You can edit thee config file, find the line with "numPartialUpdatePageTurns" and change the value. Not as convenient as choosing from a menu, but, it works with all firmware versions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:28 AM   #45
drjd
The Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is one where you don't really need a patch. You can edit thee config file, find the line with "numPartialUpdatePageTurns" and change the value. Not as convenient as choosing from a menu, but, it works with all firmware versions.
It was convenient for me! I edited the config file, set the value to 64, and all the world is green again!

Great, thank you very much davidfor!