Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #481
Ferretqueen
Ferretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Glo
Calibre portable 3.6 plugins

Calibre portable 3.6 seems to be missing Preferences>Advanced>import plugin. Any ideas on ways around this?
Ferretqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 PM   #482
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretqueen View Post
Calibre portable 3.6 seems to be missing Preferences>Advanced>import plugin. Any ideas on ways around this?
It should be in Preferences->Plugins and then "Load plugin from file". Or you can use "Get new plugin" or "Check for update plugins". If those buttons are missing, the most likely cause is they are off the screen or the dialog has been made to small to see them. Move or resize the dialog or use the scrollbar on the right side to see them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #483
mainro
mainro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Smile hey

hey i just send my log..
Is anybody know why it doesn't work ?
mainro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #484
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainro View Post
hey i just send my log..
Is anybody know why it doesn't work ?
The last few lines of the annotations is:

Code:
DEBUG:  133.3  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
DEBUG:  133.4  ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt ERROR: Error trying to read clippings file: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
DEBUG:  133.4   Number of entries retrieved from 'My Clippings.txt'=0
DEBUG:  133.7 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:  137.2 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>)
That says there is something wrong with the 'My Clippings.txt' file. The plugin cannot read it properly. Without seeing the file, I don't know what is wrong with it. You can try deleting the file and letting the device create a new file and see what happens.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:06 AM   #485
mainro
mainro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The last few lines of the annotations is:

Code:
DEBUG:  133.3  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
DEBUG:  133.4  ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt ERROR: Error trying to read clippings file: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
DEBUG:  133.4   Number of entries retrieved from 'My Clippings.txt'=0
DEBUG:  133.7 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:  137.2 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>)
That says there is something wrong with the 'My Clippings.txt' file. The plugin cannot read it properly. Without seeing the file, I don't know what is wrong with it. You can try deleting the file and letting the device create a new file and see what happens.
I did it but I think it's change nothing..

DO you think I should uninstall calibre or uninstal the plugin and reinstall ?
if yess is it ok to find the pluging from calibre/preference/plugin ?

I really want to take back my annotation on my computer..

Thanks all for your help
romain
mainro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 03:57 AM   #486
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainro View Post
I did it but I think it's change nothing..

DO you think I should uninstall calibre or uninstal the plugin and reinstall ?
if yess is it ok to find the pluging from calibre/preference/plugin ?

I really want to take back my annotation on my computer..
The problem is that when the plugin tries to read the file, it isn't in the format expected. That might be something I can fix, but I need to see the file. Post a copy of the file or PM it to me so I can look at it.

But, deleting the file will almost definitely change things. Unless there was a firmware change that is writing the file differently than before, something else touched the file and changed it. So, deleting the file will almost definitely change things. What you can do is to rename the file, create an annotation and see if that solves it. Depending on what happens, you can decide to restore the file.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #487
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I set annotations in two books, both in the mainboard of my Kobo Touch, one in English and one in German. Running the plugin shows only the annotations I made in the english book. The only difference between the two books is that the english one is a "normal" epub, whereas I saved the german one using the Kobo Touch extended driver. Is it possible that the plugin doesn't work there? */edit:ah, no, I see that it has been jhust the other way round: the english book is the Kobo Touch extended one, and the german a regular epub. However ...*/
Is it possible to confine the annotation search to a book that I select ether in the Calibre Library or in the reader's library?

and

is it possible to generally remove the annotations in the book itself, by using this plugin or another?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by Leonatus; 02-27-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #488
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I set annotations in two books, both in the mainboard of my Kobo Touch, one in English and one in German. Running the plugin shows only the annotations I made in the english book. The only difference between the two books is that the english one is a "normal" epub, whereas I saved the german one using the Kobo Touch extended driver. Is it possible that the plugin doesn't work there? */edit:ah, no, I see that it has been jhust the other way round: the english book is the Kobo Touch extended one, and the german a regular epub. However ...*/
The plugin should be supporting both epubs and kepubs. And sideloaded or purchased versions of the latter.
Quote:
Is it possible to confine the annotation search to a book that I select ether in the Calibre Library or in the reader's library?
Not really. The plugin does the matching of the books that have annotations to the books in the library. This is a limitation because of the way annotations are retrieved from Kindles and the support apps. For these, the link between the annotations and the books is not as direct as for the Kobo devices and even if it did only get annotations for the selected books, it would still need to process all of them. Adding special code just for the Kobo devices isn't something I'm interested in doing.
Quote:
and

is it possible to generally remove the annotations in the book itself, by using this plugin or another?
This plugin cannot do it. And I won't be adding it, at least partly for the reasons above. I might consider it for the Kobo Utilities plugin, but there are complications to doing this that makes it unattractive.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:37 AM   #489
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The plugin should be supporting both epubs and kepubs. And sideloaded or purchased versions of the latter.
'tis strange: when I open the annotations list in the reader, they are all there, but the plugin renders only those of one book -the english one. Maybe there is something with the other book; I'll try with more books.

Quote:
Not really. The plugin does the matching of the books that have annotations to the books in the library. This is a limitation because of the way annotations are retrieved from Kindles and the support apps. For these, the link between the annotations and the books is not as direct as for the Kobo devices and even if it did only get annotations for the selected books, it would still need to process all of them. Adding special code just for the Kobo devices isn't something I'm interested in doing.
I understand.

Quote:
This plugin cannot do it. And I won't be adding it, at least partly for the reasons above. I might consider it for the Kobo Utilities plugin, but there are complications to doing this that makes it unattractive.
That's not so important, as I can remove all in the reader's list itself.

Thank you!
Old 02-28-2018, 05:11 AM   #490
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
'tis strange: when I open the annotations list in the reader, they are all there, but the plugin renders only those of one book -the english one. Maybe there is something with the other book; I'll try with more books.
Does the non-English book show as connected to a book in the calibre library? If not, then the annotations will not be fetched. Or, do both connect to the same book in the library? In that case, the annotations will be fetched for only one version of the book.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #491
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Does the non-English book show as connected to a book in the calibre library? If not, then the annotations will not be fetched. Or, do both connect to the same book in the library? In that case, the annotations will be fetched for only one version of the book.
Oh no, they are two different books; both of them are in the Calibre library, and I had sent them to the device from this library. The only thing is that I slightly modified the css of the german book in the library in the mean time to avoid some difficulties at a possible future download.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:23 AM   #492
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh no, they are two different books; both of them are in the Calibre library, and I had sent them to the device from this library. The only thing is that I slightly modified the css of the german book in the library in the mean time to avoid some difficulties at a possible future download.
The CSS shouldn't affect anything. Can you run calibre in debug mode and fetch the annotations and then post the log for me to look at. Hopefully I can see what is wrong.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:26 AM   #493
Leonatus
Wizard

Voluntarily. I would only first test with different books, as soon as I am at home (this evening).
Old 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #494
Leonatus
Wizard

I now tried with two other books - same result: annotations of one book have been fetched (again one in english, but regular epub); those of another german book (KEPUB) not.
I'll now try the debug mode.

edit: PM has been sent.

Last edited by Leonatus; 02-28-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #495
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I now tried with two other books - same result: annotations of one book have been fetched (again one in english, but regular epub); those of another german book (KEPUB) not.
I'll now try the debug mode.

edit: PM has been sent.
I had a quick look at the debug log. I don't see any sign of fetching the annotations. It looks like just the jobs run at connection time.

Tags
sampleexportingapp