Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
ePub creation is a breeze

Ever since S&R is in place and working fine in Sigil, creating an ePub is as easy as can be if coded correctly. If your headlines are okay , you just have to replace those headlines with chapter break plus headline, check the TOC and the meta files, put in your personal CSS and the epub is done! Takes about 30 seconds to change a Gutenberg html to a great ePub. Thanks a lot, Valloric!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Seconded. Amazing piece of software, and much congrats to Valloric for coding this (I'm envious of your skill). Now, all I need is a button in Calibre that launches Sigil to edit the file I'm looking at, and life would be perfect
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Seconded. Amazing piece of software, and much congrats to Valloric for coding this (I'm envious of your skill). Now, all I need is a button in Calibre that launches Sigil to edit the file I'm looking at, and life would be perfect
Now THAT is a great concept, MoeJoe!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Ever since S&R is in place and working fine in Sigil, creating an ePub is as easy as can be if coded correctly. If your headlines are okay , you just have to replace those headlines with chapter break plus headline, check the TOC and the meta files, put in your personal CSS and the epub is done! Takes about 30 seconds to change a Gutenberg html to a great ePub. Thanks a lot, Valloric!
Agreed.

Now.... Import plugins!

Just kidding, great work Valloric, Sigill is a true joy to work with.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The S&R back-end will be rewritten to use the new QWebElement API now that Qt 4.6 has arrived. It should make both searching and replacing faster (and more robust) in Book View. No more messing with JavaScript in the background.

In general, Sigil is still not up to a point where I can say it suits all my needs. It suits most of them, but not all. I need to get font embedding working. That's the one thing that's missing from my workflow. The Webkit version in new Qt has stopped crashing on custom fonts, but it still doesn't display the italic and bold version of the same font on Windows and Linux. Fixing that will require forking Qt and a lot of tedious work tracking it down in unknown code.

And the performance problems are annoying. What I wouldn't give to be able to fast-forward time to a point where 0.2.0 is done... I'll have some more free time the next few weeks which I'll be spending on designing, prototyping and finally implementing this rewrite. Well, the start of it at least. Getting it completely done will take much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Actually that's exactly what Kovid and I have been talking about over email. Although I've yet get a response from him on the last bit of calibre integration code added to Sigil. Sent him a mail about it 10 days ago. I guess he's busy.

BTW people I'll be pushing 0.1.6 out in a few days. 0.1.5 had some unfortunate bugs, and fixes for these have to be released ASAP.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I am rather busy at the moment, Valloric, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i have to agree, s&r is really the big feature i needed. all the rest i can do by hand. which doesn't mean i won't be happy to see new features, of course. thanks so much valloric !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I am rather busy at the moment, Valloric, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Don't worry about it, I'm terribly busy myself too. I completely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i have to agree, s&r is really the big feature i needed. all the rest i can do by hand. which doesn't mean i won't be happy to see new features, of course. thanks so much valloric !
Always happy to make my users happy.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:52 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The "finishing touch" it needs for me is a good hyperlink editor. Add that and I'll be a very happy user .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The "finishing touch" it needs for me is a good hyperlink editor. Add that and I'll be a very happy user .
I find myself in need of a hyperlink editor also so I'll second Harry's request. (Just because I didn't know there was such a thing as hyperlink editor and I'm having trouble in the ebook I'm currently working on to get embedded hyperlinks or the TOC working correctly. This is just ignorance on my part and a reluctance to delve too deeply into the "code" ).
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:19 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've suggested in the past that it might be a good idea to base it on the user interface which Book Designer has for hyperlinks, which works extremely well.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #12
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've suggested in the past that it might be a good idea to base it on the user interface which Book Designer has for hyperlinks, which works extremely well.
And your suggestion has been considered . When I start work on the hyperlink editor, I will study Book Designer's implementation very carefully.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:21 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I know, Valloric - I'm not hassling you about it, honest!