Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 02-15-2003, 08:55 PM   #1
Valerie
Valerie began at the beginning.

I find that the images on the url I select aren't always downloaded to my Clie. For example, I added the home page for the comic "Baby Blues" to iSiloX. It converted the url and I downloaded it to my clie. When I viewed the page on my Clie, all of the text from the page was there, but none of the comic strips.

What did I do wrong?

Val

P.S. Without this site, I would have never realized how powerful iSilo/X is. I now use the product daily so thank you for all your hard work in maintaining this site!
Old 02-15-2003, 09:47 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Glad you like this page. Together we can make iSilo even more powerful, I am sure!

When you configure your own channel, like the Baby Blues one you mentioned, you must make sure to do the right settings in the Channel Properties. There go to the "Images" Tab and make sure that "Include Images" is selected. You can/should use "Compress" as an option too.

Another thing to look for is the "Links" tab. Often you deselect "Follow off-site links" to avoid downloading unnecessary links that are not related to your channel. However, sometimes images are located on an alternative server. So when you have this option deselected, and still try to download the channel with images, you will notice that the images are not there. In this case, you must either select the "Follow off-site links", OR, if you don't want to do this, define include/exclude patterns. The latter I will explain in further detail if you still need more help...

Greets
Alex
Advert
Old 02-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #3
sydres
sydres began at the beginning.

Alexander,

I would like to learn how to define exclude/include patterns? Any info would be great.

Thanks again for the great website.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:31 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The best way to define exclude/include patterns is by using Perl Regular Expressions which are fully supported (5.0) by iSiloX.

I actually bought a book, O'Reilly's "Camel Book" by Larry Wall which is like the bible on this subject.

Also check the Net - there are tons of RegEx tutorials. Try it here: http://it.metr.ou.edu/regex/
Old 02-23-2003, 02:46 PM   #5
Valerie
Valerie began at the beginning.

Pictures are now downloading properly. Thanks, Alexander!
Advert