Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
I had to go old school!!!

The power button on my Kindle 4 stopped working a while back. Since it was one of the cheap ones ($80.00) I was still able to get it to power on by holding the 5-way. That was until yesterday. It was locked up tight as a drum and I couldn't get it going no matter what. It is now on it's way back to Amazon and I was forced to.... READ A REAL PAPERBACK LAST NIGHT!
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
The power button on my Kindle 4 stopped working a while back. Since it was one of the cheap ones ($80.00) I was still able to get it to power on by holding the 5-way. That was until yesterday. It was locked up tight as a drum and I couldn't get it going no matter what. It is now on it's way back to Amazon and I was forced to.... READ A REAL PAPERBACK LAST NIGHT!
This is why I have backups. No seriously I don't mind reading a paperback it's just I have to make sure I take breaks in between chapters because the small print messes with my eyes.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Oh, the humanity!
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
Yikes!
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
And people ask why one might need more than one reading device...
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
and I was forced to.... READ A REAL PAPERBACK LAST NIGHT!
Yes, I experienced that recently, as well.

Not because of technical problems, luckily, but because a friend lent me a paperback book. Wow, how I was missing the bright screen of my Kindle Fire, the possibility to increase the font (from the tiny paperback font) to something legible, and also the logistic feat to take exactly the book that I want to read with me ... normally I load a book I'm reading to my Fire, my iPad and my iPod touch - so wherever I go and whatever other device is blocked by my kids, I'm able to read.

I guess we get used to those comforts easily....

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
First world problems?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #8
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I'm still trying to read To Kill A Mockingbird. I have no choice but to read the paper version. It's not legally available in ebook format. It's so much more convenient to bring a tiny little reader with me than a paper book.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
I look at it this way... if my Blue-ray player breaks, it's not like I'm going to be able to haul out the VCR and watch any movie made within the last fifteen years. At least with DTBs, we still have something to fall back on.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote