Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Paperwhite 2?
Yes, I'm perfectly satisfied and keeping it. 62 78.48%
No, I'm not satisfied and have returned/exchanged it. 17 21.52%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Paperwhite 2 poll for the rest of us

*EDIT* In case of confusion this poll is limited to only the first Paperwhite 2 that you received. If you exchanged it for another than select option two! Thank you.
Judging by the PW2 first impressions thread, the PW2 is a disaster. I'm curious to see whether that is actually true or whether it really is just a vocal minority. I do not own a Kindle device (as has been noted several times as if that means I shouldn't be allowed to post) so I promise I won't vote!

Last edited by Canuck_in_Japan; 10-06-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
I'm a majority of one! Anyway, the first PW2 I received had a small screen defect but I'm satisfied with the replacement so I think I'll be keeping it.
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
No such thing as a perfect poll.

I'm fine with PW2. And my PW1. And all of my previous Kindles. The screens on my Kobo Aura HD and my Sony 950 are very good as well. The only eink screens I've ever had problems with are ones that I managed to damage myself.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I kept my PW 2013 and my PW 2012. They are both great with the 2013 model having better contrast between fonts and background.

At this moment in time its 4 keepers and 1 exchanger. From all the complaints here one would think it would have been 10 to 1 for the exchangers.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Kobo Troll Poll. What about an option for those who got a good one as a replacement. Your two option poll is apparently slanted for Kobo fan purposes.
I would just pick the first option in that case. "Are you currently satisfied?/Are you currently not satisfied?" would have been simpler.

I don't see what any of this has to do with Kobo.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
thinking about it I'm going to keep the second one I have.....
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Question

So... let me get this straight. If you exchanged it and are satisfied with the second one, do you pick option one or option two?
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Paper white 1 or 2 ?

I just bought one today for a gift. Would that be a Paperwhite 2?
I purchased the wi-fi model.
Thanks
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
So... let me get this straight. If you exchanged it and are satisfied with the second one, do you pick option one or option two?
That confused me too. I initially assumed you would choose the second option which says you've exchanged it, but it seems not everyone has taken it that way so I'm not sure. I think 3 options would have made things more clear.

I'm satisifed and I kept it
I exchanged it and I'm satisfied with the replacement
I wasn't satisfied and returned it for a refund
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I am extremely satisfied with my PW2 and keeping it! It is MUCH better than my PW1.

Thanks for creating a poll that doesn't require me to find my higher brain functions at 7:30 a.m.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
baggyrinkle
Early Adoptor
baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle3 Kindle4 Kindle Fire Kindle PW2
Absolutely, without question the PW2 is the best Kindle offered to date. People on this forum seen to be "snake bit" when it comes to new technology. If you get a bad one, simple, return it or replace it with another one. Dealing with tech support is a waste of time IMHO.

PS: How do I increase my Karma?

Last edited by baggyrinkle; 10-06-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: added comment
baggyrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggyrinkle View Post
Absolutely, without question the PW2 is the best Kindle offered to date. People on this forum seen to be "snake bit" when it comes to new technology. If you get a bad one, simple, return it or replace it with another one. Dealing with tech support is a waste of time IMHO.

PS: How do I increase my Karma?
Just sent you some!

And I agree....what other company will replace your PW no questions asked...? None? That's right.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Love my Paperwhite 2
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
There is no question that for just reading eBooks nothing can beat the PW 2013 with Special Offers at just $ 119. One gets a 30 day no-questions asked return for refund period and a 12 month return for exchange in case of a defect.

I don't see any other eReader being sold for that price and those terms at the Amazon site.

With 180 reviews posted at the Amazon site there are now 116 five star reviews and only 14 one star reviews giving one an 8.5 to 1 chance of a perfect unit versus a dud.

We have had far more than 14 complaint postings in this Forum on it but for some reason they do not end up in the one star reviews at amazon.

Yes, one can purchase an iPad mini but the price is $ 322, a 2.7 times increase over the PW 2013. Thus, you could purchase almost THREE PW 2013's for that price difference.

Its true for the iPad Mini of 957 reviews at the Amazon site there are 740 five star reviews versus only 43 one star reviews or a 17.2 chance of getting a perfect unit versus a dud but one is paying dearly for that improvement in results. Plus, the eInk screen of the PW 2013 is probably far better at avoiding glare in bright ambient light than is the iPad mini.

Finally, at this moment in time the poll in this thread still show a FOUR TO ONE advantage of keepers versus returners of the PW 2013.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-06-2013 at 11:35 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Canuck is not so much trying to make a point regarding how many here are satisfied in the end with Amazon. He is trying to show how many devices have been returned (even if the customer was then happy with the replacement). Now why is he doing that I wonder...

The bottom line is how easy it is to get a replacement until you are happy with your device if you are an amazon customer, and how impossible it is if you are a kobo customer. And that fact is so blatant that there really is no need for a poll to prove it.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote