Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #46
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-I've added the 2 extra Free titles to the full list on my previous post in this thread.

-The total is now 27 + 2 = 29 Titles for FREE.

-Thanks everyone!
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
my previous post
Link is here.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #48
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've been so busy complaining, I neglected to thank the OP, as well as the others who found more titles. Thank you!

I'm especially pleased to see that two of the freebies are narrated by Jim Dale (Alice and Peter Pan)!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #49
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Darn. This requires linking my Audible account to my Amazon account. Something that we're probably NOT willing to do, since we have three different Audible accounts and share a single Amazon account.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #50
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Darn. This requires linking my Audible account to my Amazon account. Something that we're probably NOT willing to do, since we have three different Audible accounts and share a single Amazon account.
Audible has been sending out emails that linking is going to be required (I forget the deadline, as I thought it had passed already) so you may not have a choice eventually.

EDIT: I found one of the emails in my trash...
Quote:
Dear,

Did you know that Audible is an Amazon company?

As an Amazon company, you will now be required to use an Amazon account at Audible. Linking your account is an easy couple of steps. Since everyone will be required to make the change soon, why not make the move now?

And don't worry, all of your account information will still be waiting for you.

If you have any questions regarding this recent update, please feel free to contact us anytime at 888-283-5051.

We are available 24 hours a day, everyday.

Thanks,
The Audible Team
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #51
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I was the same.

I just linked one, left other two alone. I wonder if audible would consolidate for me...
Old 09-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #52
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
I was the same.

I just linked one, left other two alone. I wonder if audible would consolidate for me...
From their FAQ...
Quote:
What if I have more than one Audible account?

Currently you can only link one Audible account with one Amazon account. If you have more than one Audible account you will have to link it to a brand new Amazon account.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #53
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

No, I meant move content from other two audibles into one audible. Then I could close them.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #54
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness has the Audible edition discounted to $3.95 when you link versions.

If you grabbed this book for $2.99 when it was a daily deal, you can get Kindle plus Audible editions for less than the price of the ebook alone (currently $9.99).

Last edited by Keslynn; 09-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #55
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Yes, you need an Audible account. No free account but you could do the 30-day free trial and then cancel. If you do the free trial you will also get 2 free audiobooks.
Actually, there IS a free account. I followed the same procedure kg3 posted below, then when I got to the checkout phase, I noticed that, in addition to
the free book, it had also added a trial at $7.95/month bringing my total to $7.95. I edited the cart and removed that item. I have since "purchased" all 29 books listed in this thread at no cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
-->copyrite (and anyone else who wants to know), here's the exact procedure to create the free Audible account linked to your Amazon account:

1) Go to Audible.com, click on already have an Audible account, sign in here.
2) Fill in your Amazon email and Amazon password into the user name and password fields.
3) Press sign-in.
4) It will say - we're sorry we didn't recognize the account information.....If you don't have an Audible account, you can create one - Click on create one.
5) The next screen says: You can now use your Amazon.com account to create a New Audible account, then enter your Amazon email address and Amazon password in the fields and Press Continue.
6) Your Country will show up on the next screen and Press Continue.
7) Your name will show up on the next screen above Country and Press Continue.
8) The next screen says: Welcome to Audible, thanks for creating an account.
--At this point, you will already be signed into this new Audible account and can click on your Account Details in the upper right corner of the screen.

-I figured this out by using an old email address I had tied with an old Amazon account, and created an Audible account linked to that old Amazon email and password, so now I have another Audible account. I knew there was some way I had done this recently and I just figured it out again in order to let you guys know how to do it too.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #56
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
deleted

Last edited by NightBird; 09-08-2012 at 03:38 AM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #57
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
No, I meant move content from other two audibles into one audible. Then I could close them.
I know what you meant, but as I posted the FAQ said "If you have more than one Audible account you will have to link it to a brand new Amazon account." which would indicate to me the answer is no. Otherwise they'd say something about contacting them to merge the content instead of saying to open another Amazon account.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #58
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
This one will only be FREE for some of you (I hope I'm not the only one ).
-Make sure you're signed into Audible first with your Amazon linked account, then go to this specific Audio Book at Audible:

Pride and Prejudice - Audible - FREE

-I have 2 different FREE versions of Pride and Prejudice in my Amazon Library, only one of these editions is tied to this particular Audible FREE version, the other Amazon edition is tied to a different Audible version of Pride and Prejudice that is discounted to 9.95.
-I was looking through all the Audible Whispersyc for Voice-Ready selections directly at Audible's site and the above linked version of Pride and Prejudice showed up as FREE because I "owned the Amazon Kindle version".
-I tried to duplicate this in my 2nd Audible/Amazon linked account and found the only FREE Pride and Prejudice version on Amazon available right now is tied to a 9.95 different edition of Audible's Pride and Prejudice (there are a number of Pride and Prejudice editions on Audible).
-The cover of the Pride and Prejudice edition that's tied to this FREE Audible one is Tan/Brown with a white stripe in the center with Jane Austen's name in it --> Cover Pic, not the one with the green cover currently free at Amazon.
-This edition is no longer available to purchase on Amazon but it's in my Kindle Library and it was FREE.

*Sorry for the long explanation, I just wanted it to make sense.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #59
Obliv
Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook Color
Just got Heart of Darkness for $1.42 and got the Kenneth Branagh Audiobook free, a good deal in my eyes

(Ebook: $1.42) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XHNO0G

(Audiobook: Free) http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B004AFXAZS
Obliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #60
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I think the people at Audible are a bunch of idiots, and after this experience, I am not inclined to try an actual purchase.
Kindle, by far, has the best customer service in the Amazon family; with Audible at the bottom.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible