Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #61
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I tend to find the Kindle a very nice garden with no wall but then again I made the decision that it is ok to remove DRM and use Calibre if need be.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #62
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
If Amazon will allow me to install apps that read epubs & pdfs at a good price, I would get one. But if it's a walled garden like their current Kindles, I'll continue to wait & watch.
I crossing my fingers for this to happen. I really hoping that since they are offering different apps, such as nook and kobo, in their app store, then they will offer for them for download on their no tablet.
RoxyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #63
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
If Amazon will allow me to install apps that read epubs & pdfs at a good price, I would get one. But if it's a walled garden like their current Kindles, I'll continue to wait & watch.
]I tend to find the Kindle a very nice garden with no wall but then again I made the decision that it is ok to remove DRM and use Calibre if need be.
Yep, same here. I couldn't care less about that "walled" garden, I'll hop that wall in a flash. Besides, I read PDF on two of my readers, and MOBI on the other two. And I buy mostly epubs... (and some kindle books, but I don't own a kindle, nor a device on which I can install the kindle applications).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #64
zinj
Connoisseur
zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zinj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Irex DR800SG, Kyobo Mirasol Reader, 2 Pocketbook Ultras
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
This does not look good for Qualcomm's Mirasol.
It's going to be a race to see which technology makes it to market first.
zinj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, engadget, tablet