Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Kobo desktop - selective sync to KT?

I have just received my new kobo touch (loving it). I have had the original kobo for 12 months and only ever used calibre to manage all my books, even though I purchased many through kobobooks. However, I am keen to give kepubs a go to make the most of some of the new functionality on the KT.

But I can't work out how to use the desktop to sync only selected books to my KT. I don't want all my books to transfer because some of them don't have covers and that REALLY annoys me - I use calibre to put a cover on then sideload. Is it possible to selectively sync only some books from the kobo desktop to your KT, or can I only sync the whole lot?

Don't think I'm willing to sacrifice my covers - I like to see the cover on sleep/power off (pathetic I know!).
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
The only way to sync some but not all is to delete them from the imreading section on the kobo website, they would still be in your purchased history though.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
The only way to sync some but not all is to delete them from the imreading section on the kobo website, they would still be in your purchased history though.
A more direct approach using the current version of the Desktop Application is to do a right button click on a book and then click 'Remove this book'. The end result is the same as for the procedure you describe.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Fantastic advice, thanks wes and Joe, I'll give it a go. I'm not too worried about losing them off the desktop or I'm Reading as I have the epubs. I'll delete the ones without covers and sync the rest.

Unfortunately I have to go to work soon - very inconvenient, I'd rather be home playing with my new gadget. But it is Friday here so at least the weekend is very close.

Happy Canada Day for those of you in Canada - I assume it's a public holiday?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
A more direct approach using the current version of the Desktop Application is to do a right button click on a book and then click 'Remove this book'. The end result is the same as for the procedure you describe.
Oh ya i forgot that by doing that it also gets rid of it from the imreading section, it also doesnt put it into the trash so if its a free book then you would need to readd it to your library
Old 06-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
wes101
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Happy Canada Day for those of you in Canada - I assume it's a public holiday?
yep though im working but im getting time and a half
Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Although thats a feature we should have in the desktop software and the website. the choice to add or not add from our library. I mean its such a small change I dont see why it was never included any way.

KOBO DUDES do your thing make this happen!

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yep though im working but im getting time and a half
only time and ahalf? by law its 8 hours imediatly, then time and a half for the actual hours working out to double time and half.

btw being unemployed currently I am jealous of the wages regardless how they are paid out.:P

regards

jack
Old 06-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
wes101
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
only time and ahalf? by law its 8 hours imediatly, then time and a half for the actual hours working out to double time and half.

btw being unemployed currently I am jealous of the wages regardless how they are paid out.:P

regards

jack

True but im taking Saturday off so i wont get it since you have to work the shift before and the shift after
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
True but im taking Saturday off so i wont get it since you have to work the shift before and the shift after
no not true.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
wes101
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
no not true.
really?