Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
getting around copyright law

How about this... can I invent an artificial language that is easy to translate back and forth from English using a machine and then get publishing rights in that language?

Then I would sell people ebooks in my artificial language that they would read with an ebook reader software that is equipped with (guess what) "machine translation"

What do you think? Would this hold in court?
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Short answer, not a chance in the world.

Translations are covered in the international copyright conventions.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
I kind of suspected so
sic is offline   Reply With Quote