Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #46
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Whatever, I personally don't believe they will enable this in the dr800 in the near future.
I believe two different developers have said on here that they would add it. Granted, iRex management doesn't have a good history with fulfilling promises, but for the most part the developers are pretty honest with us on here and generally don't make claims unless they know they'll be backed up.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #47
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I believe two different developers have said on here that they would add it. Granted, iRex management doesn't have a good history with fulfilling promises, but for the most part the developers are pretty honest with us on here and generally don't make claims unless they know they'll be backed up.
That's assuming the company exists long enough.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #48
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
All right, it is officially called "Page Flow" in the dr1000's latest documentation. This is another menu within the zoom menu.
What would "Page Flow" or "Continuous Mode" look like on the DR800?

I'm having a difficult time imagining how the scrolling screen behavior of continuous mode on the computer would improve readability on an e-reader. I'm fairly sure I've got the wrong idea in my head, and I'd appreciate being set straight.

I only ask, because I can't figure out if I should feel irritated or apathetic about its exclusion from my device.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #49
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post

I'm having a difficult time imagining how the scrolling screen behavior of continuous mode on the computer would improve readability on an e-reader. I'm fairly sure I've got the wrong idea in my head, and I'd appreciate being set straight.

I only ask, because I can't figure out if I should feel irritated or apathetic about its exclusion from my device.
Think of all the pages of a book glued to one another in a long roll of paper, with the bottom of page 1 glued to the top of page 2, and so on.

Therefore, when you scroll down a page using a stylus, when the reach the bottom of the current page you can keep on scrolling down with the style - the top of the current page move off the top of the screen and the top of the next page progressively appears from the bottom of the screen.

The advantage, of course, is that you can be displaying the bottom part of one page and the top part of another page, which makes things much easier when reading a paragraph that spans those two pages.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #50
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplogSplog View Post
The advantage, of course, is that you can be displaying the bottom part of one page and the top part of another page, which makes things much easier when reading a paragraph that spans those two pages.
Ahh... Thanks for the explanation. I hadn't considered how that could mitigate awkward page breaks - especially when a table spans pages.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 04:22 AM   #51
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post

looks wonderful expecially in landscape mode and with fullscreen enabled ..
you can read even a4 pdf with no problem..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote