Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
New laptop design with potential as an ebook reader too

I just was doing some searching and ran across a new laptop from Lenovo announced in 12/08...it is the W700ds and has a 17" primary display with a pop-out secondary 10.6" display as well as a built in Wacom pad on the palmrest. Here are some YouTube video reviews and such:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ry=w700ds&aq=f

now, I know the pop-out display does not detach...yet. But how nice would it be to have a device, in that same form factor, that can detach, have a touch screen and do double duty as an ebook/note taking device? Of course color eink is needed to make something like that happen but what a nice potential to not only make the portable workstation even better but also adding a very useful multi-function device.

And being a function over form kinda guy who actually makes a living using computers not talking about how pretty they are or aren't...I could give a flip about the aesthetics (or weight for that matter, well to a point but a 25lb pack of computer and camera gear does not concern me in the slightest). Only functionality, ergonomics, durability and longevity matter to me. Still this is a first gen device and unless it is given a chance to mature it might die quickly, but I see a niche especially if they improve the versatility of that pop-out display.

Might be an interesting idea for some of the ereader device mfg's to look at for the future...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote