Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2008, 05:13 AM   #1
Cruzer
Cruzer began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
file name on prs505

Hi,

I'm new to the group and have a Sony 505 question. How do I format the name of a .txt, .doc, etc. ebook file so that the name and author are correct on the reader? My .doc files all come up as "Microsoft Word - name of file" with no author or some random? letters. Others have a date in place of author. I can't find this info in the users manual.
Thanks for the help. Love this thing but frustrated!

Cheers!
Cruz
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
You can do that from the properties menu, but you should try and convert your files to lrf. WOrd docs won't work on the Reader, you'll have to convert them to rtf. Try Covid's "Calibre". There you can change title, author, margins, fonts, cover...

Check this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24487
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For an RTF file, if you're using Word, select "File/Properties" and set the author and title there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
Cruzer
Cruzer began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Thanks! This is a great group.

Cheers!
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Cruzer, you can also use rtf2lrf to convert your RTF to LRF so that images and links also work. Plus, the LRF will be smaller so take less memory on your 505.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert