Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
MobileTechReview
eBook Reader Junkie
MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
MobileTechReview's Sony Reader PRS-T1 video review

Hi all,

I've posted a very detailed video review of the Sony Reader Wi-Fi PRS-T1 on MobileTechReview. We explore many features and compare it with the Kindle 4 and Kobo Touch. It's 30 minutes long, but I hope we touched on most things you're interested in.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=41432

- Lisa

-
MobileTechReview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thanks Lisa. You know many of us anxiously await your reviews, even if we're not interested in buying a certain device!!!

SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
MobileTechReview
eBook Reader Junkie
MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.

Thanks, Scion
Old 10-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Just watched it. Great review as always.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
MobileTechReview
eBook Reader Junkie

I didn't mention this in the video review, but I know some of you are full justification fans. The T1 will honor the ePUB setting. In the book I demo-d I'd used Calibre and went with left justification (uneven spacing between words bugs me). Books from Sony's store generally are left justified (ragged right hand margin). However, if the ePUB uses full justification (say using Calibre and selecting the justify setting), the T1 will honor that and use full justification. It so far seems that the spacing between words is less uneven than the Kindle 3 and 4 (makes ppl like me happy).
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileTechReview View Post
I didn't mention this in the video review, but I know some of you are full justification fans. The T1 will honor the ePUB setting. In the book I demo-d I'd used Calibre and went with left justification (uneven spacing between words bugs me).
The same as the 950. I thought full justification was predetermined in the 950, I was wrong. I have long since used the feature you indicated to left justify my entire library. Old eyes, large fonts and big gaps make full justification plain ugly.

Thanks for your review of the T-1.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:46 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much, as a device junkie I think I'll go for it, for testing at least
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 AM   #8
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Does it support hyphenation?
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote